Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
It might be for a engine block heater. I think that it was a option, for people in colder areas, to keep the block from freezing, and easier starts.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would love ttaking a picture, but the motor on a junk yard by now ;))).
madmaxz24 is right. For example on trucks you can use that plug to start the engine in the mornings. At winter.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I would love ttaking a picture, but the motor on a junk yard by now ;))).
madmaxz24 is right. For example on trucks you can use that plug to start the engine in the mornings. At winter.
sorry syntax...there would be no reason to plug in a mx6 for cold winter starts... its not a high compression engine using glow plugs and it's not carburated. only reason it would be there is because someone else installed it, not Mazda

rofl copter

Besides the point, there is no reason for you be posting about this is a klze FAQ. If you want to then open your own thread (maybe it will stay open?).

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Please do not talk to other members like that. If you post again in this thread I will ban you forever.

This thread is not the place for you to post your questions or start crap.

Last warning.

anthrax1202 lick my balls!!!!

P.S. Last week I removed my engine and wanted to save that wire. I looked where it leads and right to that little plug.???
So, Its not my guess I guess...

·
Registered
189 Posts
wow these diagrams are confusing the crap out of me now i got almost my whole klze swap done my self first time i ever do anything to a car i am pretty pleased but i ran into a couple things the got me going wth where does this go lol first klze does not have egr so do i just leave the plugs alone not pluged into anything? or cut them and tape it? second on the de there is a solenoid valve on the ze do i use that? or unplug it and do i have to carry over the solenoid valve (purg control plug) over from the de cause i think my ze already has it on the motor but its next to my pressure regulator thanks for the help and if u need me to i can take pics

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
yeah, ran into that too where the purge solenoid was at the back of the IM instead of being closer to the intake. You'll have to relocate that purge solenoid or just use the DE. the egr stuff, I'd tape it up without cutting up just in case you do need to do something with it later, that's what i'm going to do.

wow these diagrams are confusing the crap out of me now i got almost my whole klze swap done my self first time i ever do anything to a car i am pretty pleased but i ran into a couple things the got me going wth where does this go lol first klze does not have egr so do i just leave the plugs alone not pluged into anything? or cut them and tape it? second on the de there is a solenoid valve on the ze do i use that? or unplug it and do i have to carry over the solenoid valve (purg control plug) over from the de cause i think my ze already has it on the motor but its next to my pressure regulator thanks for the help and if u need me to i can take pics

·
Registered
189 Posts
ok pretty sure this is the last thing i need. in the engine bay there is a round thing it looks like a brake bosster or something its right next to the charcol canister and there is a vacume hose that comes off of it where does that go?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i was actually looking for this too. found this in the ZE IM install guide entry by Omaha95PGT

http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-faq-performance/77781-klze-intake-manifold-im-installation-guide.html

Post #3

2) There are only 3 small vacuum port nipples as opposed to the 03 IM's 5 small vac nipples. The shortage of nipples can be solved by using vacuum "T's." For Probe GT's, you have to "T" the vacuum source coming from the passenger side IM elbow. This will provide vacuum to the HVAC (heating ventilation and air conditioning) climate controls and the one way check valve (that green and white ball thing) that leads to the 2 vac chambers beneath the IM. If you don't provide vac to the climate controls, then you will only have air blowing thru the defroster vents. (Note: IIRC, MX6's should not have to "T" the vacuum here since their HVAC controls are actuated by electrically powered motors rather than vacuum actuators.) The other "T" should be placed at either the vac nipple at intake runner #6 or from the nipple at the rear of the IM. If you "T" at runner #6, it should provide vac to the fuel pressure regulator solenoid (FPRS) and the cruise control mechanism (if present). The vac port at the rear of the IM should go to the "Solenoid Valve (Purge Control)"

Only problem with this is, on my ZE I have my hard lines going in different places and I think I have an extra T. Still looking through various parts to replace vac lines to eliminate vac leaks.....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Wait, I'm not getting this still. You guys said something about the purge solenoid, but what about the one between the fpr and intake manifold that is shown on the DE diagram, but on the ZE diagram shows no solenoid just a line going from the regulator to the intake? Or is have you mentioned this one and I'm misunderstanding?

21 - 40 of 78 Posts