Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
the block is identicle... only change was pistons and head castings etc.

Yes you need to know what the center bore of the water pump pulley is. it is either 16mm or 32. You can visually check that by looking at it.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
If you are buying a new water pump and pulley it doesnt matter which size you get.

If you keep your old pulley then you will need the pump to match.

I need to order a water pump...will it be just the same one as used on the DE? Guess so.

32 mm pilot?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey Lambera,

I noticed you wrapped your header pipes. I don't know whether to do that with mine or not. What is that stuff called that you used?

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Its called header wrap.

It was a personal choice to help keep the heat down and I had the engine out. Also my headers rest on the plastic fan shroud so I hope it help reduce any melting. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey all,

just finishing up the engine swap, i have a 93 mx6, but there is just 1 problem left, there is the wire coming out beside the coolant cap that i left unplugged,

what should i do with that plug, should i keep it unplugged or what??

thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
hey how come this is the only post that states you need a 93 axel shaft? i haven't seen any other post that states you need it?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
well you dont actually NEED a 93 shaft. If you use the 94+ half axle shaft it can only bolt to the block by 1 bolt instead of 2... UNLESS you drill the extra blind hole on the flange of the axle shaft + grind some of the rib to allow the bolt head to seat flush.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Hey folks - sorry to resurrect this thread a bit, but I could do with some input.

I've performed a ZE swap a while back, and have just got around to setting up the Cruise Control again. I've spliced in a T-Section piece into correct vacuum line as stated by the diagrams much earlier in this thread. However, I'm getting nothing from the Cruise Control system. The dash light comes on, so the electrical side of things is fine. Any thoughts as to why I'm not getting anything from this?

Ben.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
is the electrical plug attached to the cruise control module under the hood?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I understand the v6 is a non interferencemotor but the timing belt on my ze slipped/shreaded and not it won't start. Crank and cams are all tdc and still not starting. I'm not sure if. Because I Put ti retainers in with frerra turbo valve springs and wiesco 10.2:1 pistons. I just hope I didn't do major damage. And help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
This thread would be extremely useful if the pics worked. Can someone please work on fixing that?

61 - 78 of 78 Posts