Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,045 Posts

KL03 = KLDE (same engine)

KLZE = Engine available in Japan

I'm not going to get into the specifics to look for.. but assuming the engines are in their original condition (no one swapped heads or intake manifolds), the key things to notice are the intake manifolds. The KLZE has a longer neck by the throttle body (goes closer to the brake master cylinder). The KLDE (stock engine) does not go anywhere near as far.

·
Registered
71 Posts
welcome to mx6.com where you'll find the search button is your friend. if your car is a stock v6 then you have the KLDE(or KL03 as some call it)

·
Registered
71 Posts
damn fastest u beat me to it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, i know my neck on my i.m. isnt that long so it must be a klde. can a klde handle some high boost like the klze?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The klze, theoretically can handle less boost than the DE due to a higher compression. Ofcourse this can be compromised by better tuning (see fastest95pgt's dyno). You can also look on the heads for stampings to determine if you have a KLZE or KLDE. But yes, please use search. I'm not one to say search many times but these threads are quite frequent and are covered in the FAQ.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
OxyCrusher said:
wow, i know my neck on my i.m. isnt that long so it must be a klde. can a klde handle some high boost like the klze?
As RevZempoe above said.. the KLZE has 10:1 compression and the KLDE (stock engine, what you have by the sounds of it) has 9.2:1 compression.

So it is "easier" to boost the KLDE to higher boost numbers.

But as you will hopefully learn on your research into boosting, higher boost is not necessarily going to net you higher horsepower / torque numbers.

Do a compression test and make sure that your engine is fairly consistant before you even think about boosting it. A compression tester is under $40 from the local parts store and the test only takes about 20 minutes by yourself.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:

KLZE = Engine available in Japan

that is the [shizzle]tiest lookin ze ive ever seen

theres a list somewhere on probetalk for all the cars the ze came in... the US millenia motor actually had versions of the ZE heads...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Post #27

Fastest95PGT said:
That's because I'm not a hater on the n00bs. And with your 26 posts, you don't have a right to be either.
I was not hating nor bashing at all. Sorry if i came off like an ass, just letting him know about the search button which I've found to be the greatest thing ever

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
G_Money220 said:
I was not hating nor bashing at all. Sorry if i came off like an ass, just letting him know about the search button which I've found to be the greatest thing ever
I guess that's a way to get your post count up to 27. XO

·
Registered
71 Posts
every bit counts(28)

·
Registered
283 Posts
:wave: since post whoring is the fashion ill join in :D ... oh yea my car has neither of those manifolds .... :p

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Post whoring is stupid..... stupid like driving with your eyes closed.

...wow what a hypocrite:sigh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts