Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ran into a few problems last week that delayed my motor swap. My mechanic was hit by a drunk driver, also it took me a minute to find a engine hoist, but I finally got my motor on a stand and was able to take it apart. Here are the pics that I took.
First off here is how I got it, shipped with the ghetto lean.

It has just a little nick in the throttle body.

Where did this extra AC compressor come from?

2 weeks pass by, finally get a hoist and put it on the stand.
Opened it up.

Custom carbon buildup right off the pallet.

From the Front head.

Here are the HLA's 4 good, 4 bad, 16 ticking.

Where did this come from? Must've been the shipping.

So yeah, I'm really happy with this motor! Got lots of extra's. Its just so good I called them back and sent them pics they are sending me a new motor, TOMORROW. They have been saying tomorrow for 3 days now. Thats OK though, because they are sending it tomorrow. If you guys want a motor, make sure you contact JDM motors

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
What should I tell this guy to get him to fix the situation? He keeps telling me he's going to fix it and send me a new one, but then when it comes time to do it, he pushes it back and gives me another story.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The saddest thing i've ever seen. I was fooled by the first and third pic. Nicely polished if I may say so. A little lesson to the less enthusiastic--spend some time, open and check every used part. Open my J spec tranny two months ago to makes sure everything was clean-- after burning 2 trannies in 6months.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
nice. real nice. I put that company on my list. Right now it seems like the best plave to pick up a kl-ze when they have it in stock. I also like the 1/4 mile times they have on there webpage. They even have Kit from Knight rider on the list (89 trans am turbo). I never really realized how fast that car is.. damn!

Hope your mechanic is doing ok.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey you guys should try alljapaneseengines.com, i got my engine from there and let me tell you, i took off my covers and that damn engine was spotless!!!! no build up what so ever, and they have kl-ze for 850 with the ms8 manifold, i bought my kf-ze from them and i am very impressed engine runs as if she where brand new no problems with [email protected]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah... Shoulda coulda woulda... It was the cheapest place I could find it and my friend said he heard good things about them. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I recently took off my valve cover at 82,000k to replace a hla got the car when it had 32,000k and it had no build up like that at all it was really clean. My brother in law who is a mechanic said he never saw an engine this clean. I was proud I always change my oil and once in a while throw in a injector cleaner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is called "engine coking" looks pretty severe, its where oil tries to revert back to its original crude state.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Wow that engine looks abused and not well taken care of. Ouch! Yea it would look good on the outside, but its the inside that counts.:tup:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
My KL03 with over 170k on it lokos far better then that....
That's just unbelievable. I'd be seriously upset.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
holy $hit, jdm motors sells some excellent motors. that is the cleanest engine i have ever seen. seriously, you better keep harassing them so u get a better engine.

when i got my klze engine i was so upset cuz my mechanic removed the IM cuz he wanted to install the OEM IM. it cost me $25 dollars for a set of new IM gasket, but when i saw how clean the IM was and the heads were spotless i was glad they actually removed it. i got a really great deal cuz i only paid $750 shipped.

ps: never judge a book by its cover. i mean "never judge an engine by its valve cover".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a tracking number and verification that a 300lb shipment is on its way to me. I will keep you posted with pics about the new motor! After they saw those pictures they let me keep the old motor, only because I wouldn't pay shipping to send it back, so I will probably have to pay for shipping on this new one. BLAH!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
MX-3n6 said:
I have a tracking number and verification that a 300lb shipment is on its way to me. I will keep you posted with pics about the new motor! After they saw those pictures they let me keep the old motor, only because I wouldn't pay shipping to send it back, so I will probably have to pay for shipping on this new one. BLAH!
I may be interested in the IM and cams if you want to sell bits of that off.....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
u should be able to sell those cams to cover shipping on the new engine. and as for the IM, they usually sell around 200$, the cams should sell for at least $200 also.
good luck on the new engine.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
sell the entire old engine and let someone rebuild it...hell if i had a 6 cyl id buy it and work the hell out of it.....but alas...i have a 4 banger lol

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Every cloud has a silver lining.. but still they don’t get any Browne points for there product.. the company may be ok .. Perhaps they should have checked the motor more correctly but they must sell heaps of motors.. as long as they are willing to make good then it aint 2 bad..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts