Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm (obviously) new here but have been reading for a on and off for a few days and it seems like a pretty awesome community going on.

Any suggestions where to source a KLZE motor in AU at the moment? Spoken AllMaz here in Victoria and they've not got any in, but are willing to do the work on my car if I can find the engine.

Ideally low kms etc.

I bought the car over a year ago with this upgrade in mind but haven't got around to looking into it until now - anyone had this work done and can recommend a mechanic who knows the gear, and might be able to find the engine for me? The car is a Mazda Eunos 30x

Cheers,

mce

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Ive got one, will part with it for 5grand + postage and handling

·
Registered
426 Posts
That's a bargain! you wld really part with it for so cheaply?? LOL
Im lookin in2 importin 1 ( Welcome to Osaka Official Webite ) have them for $750USD on their stock list(still waitin on a reply) plus shipping which im waiting for a reply back for how much that will cost 2.
man shipping would be an ABSOLUTE cunt to pay from either japan or the states. or really from anywhere else outside aus but those two in particular due to our crappy dollar and their strong currencies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds interesting - let me know what you find out? I've still had no luck but I guess I'm in no great hurry. Will probably just wait for a local place to pull one off a boat.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
errr yeah... dont ship from US... itll be like 1k easy.......

maybe only 500 if you dont care about it taking 3-4months to get here...

·
Registered
76 Posts
yeah im still waitin on how much shipping will be, but atm thinkin about stickin with the de seems more cost effective to try and get that running 2 ze stock specs. Its only 36hp difference and torque figures r about the same.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
well... no... it will cost a lot more than a ZE to get a DE to 200hp.....

·
Registered
778 Posts
you'll basically have to spend $5K+ in Australia to get a DE anywhere near ZE specs (trust me).

try Japco (they had and fitted my ZE for $2400 with all the bits required)

the trick is to go to EVERY jap place that sells engines and check them out, then make your choice from there (if there is a choice), i remember finding about 4 when i was looking in Adelaide at the time (about 4 years ago now)

·
Registered
76 Posts
De's arent that bad ive had a look at sum dyno graphs on here and they are ne from(stock) 97kw-106kw and 180nm-190nm atw and the torque specs r about the same as the Ze(its the twisting force which gets u going) No offence to stoker, but look at the amount of work he has had to put in2 his car just to obtain a measly 11kw more atw.

·
Registered
778 Posts
yeah my car has always had problems but its misleading to say a ZE gave me 11wkw. look at my original dyno with the DE:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/dstojko/dyno19th6th04.jpg

and then stock ZE:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/dstojko/dyno12th2nd05.jpg

22wkw is a lot (22kw=30hp the difference between a DE and ZE), and i still havent fixed whatever is robbing power (yet 99% of the car has changed besides the disty thats basically it). remember the dyno's are old, the mods since stock ZE'd netted a further 8wkw and that was almost 3 years ago. since then i have fitted MSD, 2.5" exhaust, bored TB, street wideband tuned the ZE ECU etc so i would be expecting much more now.

here was the last dyno, look at the date:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/dstojko/dyno10th6th06.jpg

i know my situation is different to others because my car has something wrong with it but i still got good numbers with the ZE over DE which is what were talking about.
and of course i dont take offense to it, you can imagine im not satisfied with the numbers either, thats why i keep modding/changing till its fixed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
yeah seems pretty low for all the stuff done to it is the compression all right? is there plenty of back pressure out the exhaust?
89kw seems preetty low for a de to was it running ok at the time?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Try Mazbits thats where i got my ZE from, they are good to deal with

·
Registered
778 Posts
is there plenty of back pressure out the exhaust?
say what?

like i said already theres been a constant problem with my probe, originally it was E-spec an personally imported by someone before i got my hands on it, i have a compliance plate showing it was originally LHD (which i doubt) its now RHD of course, some of my problems are either with the original loom (which had the UK like immobilizer removed) or with the disty which is the last stock part left on the car.

im sure once i fix whatever's wrong there will be a substantial power jump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Firstly apologies for looking like someone who turns up, asks a question then racks off with no further contribution. In the last couple of weeks I just bought a house for the first time (scary), and believe it or not, that tends to distract from the car upgrades...

Just a quick update for anyone who's looking for the KLZE engine...

I got as far as paying for an engine from Adelaide Jap. Really nice people down there. Unfortunately I got a call when they were packaging the engine up and they'd discovered that it was a DE engine but some of the parts had lead them to think it might have been a ZE. Allmaz in clayton don't (or didn't) have the engines in, but were willing to do the work for me if I could source one myself.

So I'm getting my money refunded from Adelaide Jap, but I'd highly recommend them because despite this hiccup, entirely not their fault, they've been great to deal with.

My current thinking is that perhaps a DE wouldn't be such a bad upgrade for my Eunos 30x... because they were sold here I'm thinking that parts etc. are going to be easier to find in the long term. In terms of bang/buck, though, on top of labour etc, it's not much cheaper than a ZE, if I could find one.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
778 Posts
ZE or nothing! parts between them are 90% the same, if you have to replace any of the ZE parts that are different to the DE your up for a lot of $$$ either way.

ask KLZE 30x what he thinks you should do? (he obviously has a 30X ZE)

1 - 20 of 111 Posts