Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did a search for this and didn't find exactly what I was looking for so I thought I'd see if anyone could help me out.

I just installed a KLZE and now I'm having multiple problems.

My VRIS #2 is not working at all. I did the paper trick and it's still there. I checked my vacuum lines and they seem to be hooked up correctly. My VRIS #1 is open at idle but how do I check to see if it closes when it's suppose to? This is my main concern.

I put the Phenolic spacers on my ZE and have heard that the manifold should be cool enough to touch after a long drive. Mine is hot as hell after going for a drive. I put a new water pump in the ZE before I installed it so I know that's not the problem. Also my thermostat is fairly new so I don't think that's the problem.

Finally I can't get the car to idle where it should. Sometimes it idles at 1500 somtimes at 1200 and sometimes at about 900. I did the TPS adjustment and that seemed to work ok but now it still won't idle properly. It doesn't bounce around or anything it just idles at different places at different times.

Please help!!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
hey quad, welcome to the board.

first regarding your temp problems, unless your temp gauge is going up too the high end, dont worry about it. All KLZEs run hotter than the 03 with or without spacers. My guess as to why might bbe becuase of the higher comp ratio and the lack of hood clearence are the reasons.

Your 2nd vris seliniod might also be shot.

SOme people on the pt page blame the high idle to the ze tb, causing high idles on some of our cars. Mine ran without this problem for 3 years until recently. I pulled a 12 (tps), and am wainting for my part to come in the mail from roebuck maxzda($142). Once I have installed it, I will let you knoww wether or not it was succesful.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That makes me feel better about the temp and I'm definetly interested in what happens once you switch your TPS.

How do I know if my VRIS solenoid is shot? Is there a simple way to check this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My check engine light isn't coming on though. Will there still possibly be codes to check in there? I'll do it as soon as I get off work and see what happens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I checked for codes and I'm not getting anything. Does anyone have any ideas what can be wrong with my car? Damn this sucks...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks anyway. I apreciate it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I found the post. Apparently, switching back to the 03 tb should solve this problem. If you still have your old one lying around, use it to replace the one in your motor. Let me know how this works for you. Also, after you have finnished re installing your tb, reset your computer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts