Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this thread is a shout out to any of you that are VERY mechanically literate and/or those of you that have performed the klze engine swap
I have a 1995 MX6 LS with a 5speed and (obviously, its an LS- the KL03) The ZE must be off of an MX6 because it does not have the MX8 manifold on it, its the regular mx6 style ZE manifold. (i know its a ze though because of the straight intake pipe)
I think my cousin and i are performing the swap ourselves, he is a good mechanic, but i doubt he has ever worked on this particular swap.
What should i know before i perform this swap? Anything i have to do to accomodate the new engine to my car so it runs healthy and properly?
I hear that i need to swap distributors..what about the throttle body? Anyone ever had a problem with the cruise control vacuum line? Will i have a problem?
Give me some help guys please..i have about a week or two before i tackle this one..
later guys, and thanks for your help
-Rich;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
You are going to want to put a new timing belt and waterpump in. I've been told that it's better to use the old TB but I have the KLZE one on mine. You should make sure your motor mounts are good. If not you should replace at least the passenger side and the rear mount. The other two are pretty easy to get at and can be waited on untill you have the money. You do need to use your old disty because they will be different. Also if you want to retain cruise you will need to Y in the vacuum hose with the other vacuum line right by it. I can't remember which on it is though but it go to the intake manifold. You'll see it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You might want to a search over on probetalk.com. There a few people that have done this swap and you may find some useful information on this procedure. When you get over there, also do a search in their archived section. There have been quite a few discussions on this very topic over the last 6 months or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts