Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering if the jap spec auto tranny is a direct replacement for the us spec? The one with the limited slip differential. I did a search but I couldnt find anything.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
nether auto or manual KLZEs came with LSD.. you only get an lsd on the 323/lantis/astina. They are bolted to a KFZE 2ltr V6 , you ca fit them to a KLZE but the ratios are shorter and you require some work/different drive axils (as the ones on the 2lts are smaller)..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've asked this question on Probetalk board, yes the Klze tranny and Kl03 tranny are the same

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yes neither are LSD.. I personally have compared the gearbox from a ze next to an de. .inside and out .. and they are the same..

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The ZE LSD is completely compatible with the 5 speed 03. Not all ZE trannys have LSD though.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!..

Yea all K series are compatible, with the motor, but none of the KLDE or KLZE gearboxes came with an LSD ..

The K8 and KFZE did .. but most definitely not the KLs
If you buy an LSD box it will bolt up to the motor ok . but the drive shafts/CVs are not compatible in an MX6.. . you can make it work but you have to do some messing around..

·
Registered
76 Posts
in short i see it as this.

The LSD you are getting would be from a kf motor, therefore you will need KF axles to make it work. Other than that, everything should plug and play, the lsd will definately be neccessary with those shorter gears if you are using a KL03 or KLZE. Whether or not you could get the lsd out of a kf box and into a kl box i dont know. Why bother with lsd anyways? It ruinds the fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts