Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guy i have a ???, if you have KLZE i want to know something. if i got a ZE: ported and polised the heads and intake, and had a 3 angle vavle job done. what stage intake manifold should i get done and what this make a big difference or is this just a bunch of nothing. anything from you guys will be a help. and i was going to rebuild my tranny (auto) and use a shift kit and a cooler. what size can i get if i have TC front end.

what type of cars could i beat on the street with this step up. thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
true. it does depend on what kind of power you want as far as what stage to get the manifold. i just got one for my KL03. i got a stage 4.5 from Rawpower. it has the porting of a stage 5, but the front VRIS is still intact until i add forced induction, at which time it will be removed and be a full blown stage 5. and in the interim, if i decide to add NOS, i can tie it open when at the track or at a time i know in advance i'll be spraying. meanwhile as a daily driver, keeping the front VRIS in keeps low end torque up. a full stage 5 is low on torque. it's more designed for top end hp and forced induction.

drop Chris (rawpower) an e-mail, he'll make a manifold meet your exact needs. he did for me :) tell him i sent ya :)
[email protected]

L8Rs
Nick
BLUMX6

·
Registered
59 Posts
The heads on our motors are pretty good, so a valve job won't see too much hp for the money. Valve work is expensive. The shop in my area does porting and valve jobs together which makes it mucho expensive. Port matching the manifold to the head will net the most gains. If you are touching the heads, get the decks shaved to up the compression a little more. This will be noticeable.

If you do get the ZE, the manifold it comes with will be pretty good from the factory, so porting it won't see too much gain either, unless of course, you're boosted.

Get your TB bored to 65mm, you should see at least 5hp gain there.

If you are going with the ZE I recommend getting a MTX with the swap. As long as your dumping money into a rebuild and a TC, you might as well just put it towards a tranny. You should be able to get one for the same price as your rebuild and TC.

A stock ZE will run high 14's in the 1/4 mile. The mods will probably get you into the mids. Guesstimating maybe 195WHP. Stock 03's are only around 140WHP-150WHP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts