Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing my 2.0 with the j-spec KLZE. Anyone that has info on this would be appreciated.

i.e. install time, difficulty, ect

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
what corksport told me was that you need a rear ended mx-6 ls and then take all the wiring and stuff(mounts too?) and move it all to your car. just get the fsze which is the 2.0l model with higher compression and about 170 horsepower. if you do this, be sure to get the fsze with the coil pack(distibutorless), because a probe guy put an fsze in and it was not a good ride. maybe because he did not have the computer. ask corksport.com if they can reprogram your cpu to the fsze one, so that the vris valves in the intake manifold will work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I figured the fsze would be easier, but I've got a line on a klze for $1500. I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
449 Posts
FS_ZE

The KLZE would need alot of parts, so either you have another MX-6 LS for parts then I would give up on going from 2.0 to 2.5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I got a Probe Gt were I could get the other parts. The shop give me a price of about $3500 to do the whole thing. I had an electrical fire under the hood and have to replace the main wire harness and some other parts anyway.

Thanks for the comments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts