Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock 2.5 V6 should i upgrade that or go with a klze? my car has 98,000miles

·
Registered
462 Posts
The Holy ZE....

Well it depends on what you are looking for out of your car. If you are looking for performance you can always mod your current engine, but hey you can always bump to a KLZE if you have the time and money. I just finished swapping my KL-Y to a KLZE and I love it...Then again I am a power freak and I still have plans for my car. Figure it this way the ASpec engines stock throw down about 145 - 155 Whell Horse Power, and the Stock ZE throws down about 170 Wheel Horse Power. If thats incorrect I'll be corrected. You can turbo both engines though the ZE needs new pistons in order to do that. All in all if you are looking into getting another engine sure go for the ZE. It's all about what you chose to do...

Later.
Dustin

·
Registered
51 Posts
klze power??

is that all the additional bump you get from a klze, I thought it was supposed to be a lot more than 25hp.

TIA,
Dean

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Re: klze power??

deanc said:
is that all the additional bump you get from a klze, I thought it was supposed to be a lot more than 25hp.

TIA,
Dean
Flywheel
His numbers are about right with the ZE. It seems to respond better to breathing mods then my DE ever did, and it certainly pull harder into redline then I would have imagined. All in all its a nice engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts