Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The turbo kit claims 185 whp @7-8 psi, just out of wondering if you made major mods to the car could you run to 12 psi. Yes im am talking about new pistons, rods, valve job, a header (if hotshots makes one for the mx6 4cyl) and hks turbo exhaust. Do you think you could also hit a little nos to get you to that all powerful 300hp mark??

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
12PSI isn't that high: if you make absolutely sure the fuel system is up to the task, you might be able to turn the system to 12PSI with the stock internals, at least intermittently. I've seen turbo 2G V6s run to 12+PSI with no ill effects and there's no reason to suspect that the 4-bangers pistons & rods are any weaker in this regard. Of course, these were during dyno pulls, not all the time and they were running quite rich (safety margin.)

But to do it right, you really should build the motor internally. 300HP at the crank isn't out of the realm of possibility but you'll need way more than 12PSI to get there. I'm thinking something between 18-20PSI. For that, you'll need strengthened internals for sure and you'll definitely need to address fuel delivery: 255lph fuel pump, large injectors, bigger mass air meter and either a modified factory PCM, a stand-alone PCM or a piggy-back computer to control it all.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
what type and are there any after market larger injector made for the 03? i know this about a I4 but i wanted to ask because i have read there are NONE

·
Registered
219 Posts
the best place for 4cyl FS03 tech esp for turbo apps iswww.probenet.com Bryan Pendleton is working on a turbo project with eta racing for the 4cyl probe/mx6.He has alot of info that you will need.He even sent me the cad program for the flange that I will be using for my turbo project.He used a t3-t4 turbo but I am going with a APEX-I turbo.Also he went with RC engineering injectors witha matched MAF.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Motor Mods For Turbo/NOS

If you are looing turbo you would be okay at 12, but with nos pending on the system you would need to port/polish and get valves and you springs dun, find some cams and pulleys, and a good header and youd be safe as long as you arent a nut behind the wheel like me

·
Registered
219 Posts
Also phat6 if you are planning to get a knight turbo then dont waste your money buying a header.The turbo needs a turbo manifold and should come with the kit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys im really thankful for all of your guys info. If you have anymore for anything on these kits, keep it comin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts