Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a knock from the front end of my car (drivers side only) when I take right turns especially when there is a load placed on the driver side.. It also knocks when I apply the brakes especially when applied lightly seems to stop when more pressure is added. Any ideas what this is? I think it's a bad CV-Joint or possiablly a control arm bushing or front swaybar end link.. Anyway let me know what you guys think. She's going into Mazda in the morning anyway so hopefully it'll be fixed then..

PS. Just to rule a few things out car has all new brake components, all new suspension except front swaybar and links, new tie-rod's and new bearings in that wheel.

[Edited by shawnn on 01-04-2001 at 04:38 PM]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good as new

It's all fixed now. It turned out to be a driver's side balljoint and swaybar endlink. There was a lot of play in the balljoint which caused the vibration on the highway and the front swaybar endlink caused the knock on right turns. Good as new again now. On another note their now doing all my work at my Mazda dealership for exactly half their labour rate, they've been charging me less and less now it's at half.. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.