Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how much people got outta a full tank of petrol?
with my mx6 i get about 325kms, tops 350kms!,

i wanna if my car is running right?, or if thats what everyone esle averaged on a full tank!

andy

·
Registered
291 Posts
well i got a 89 tx5 non turbo
and i can run up too 500 k's without trashing the car :p

but if i trash the car i get around 400 k's on a full tank

·
Registered
116 Posts
2nd gen. (1994) TX5 V6 auto
i get just over 400 k's with 18inch wheel off
& with 18's on & sound system in i get under 350 k's

·
Registered
81 Posts
Stock 92 @nd Gen 500kms+ on the open road (one trip). About 350 - 400 to and from work and into town a bit. I have got as low as 300 on a few occasions.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Managed 12km per litre on a Canberra -> Newcastle trip once. Usually average about 10km per litre on the freeway, and around 8-9km/L around town if I drive gently most of the time. 93 MX6 auto. Never run it dry, how many usable litres can you get out of a 2nd gen tank so I can work it out? 55L?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I get about 320k out of a tank round town, got 370k out in the country with a tiny trailer (about 300kg) over the holidays. Thats a std first gen turbo manuel 4WS. I belive that means that it has a smaller tank.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
very little highway driving...i fill up with 43L and that lasts me 300 - 350km with almost all stop/start driving(city driving)

·
Registered
610 Posts
I used to get only 350 K's which includes city and highway driving with......... offcourse some thrashing, but all of a sudden, i am getting like 400k's and on my last tank i got 430k's. I am like what the hell???

Mines a 2.2 turbo and only exhaust and panel filter.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
did u change fuel types or do anything different or even ur PSI went down??

·
Registered
610 Posts
No nothing at all, PSI is the same, i feeled up on BP ultimate then went optimax to see and both were nearly the same. Go figure.

·
Registered
771 Posts
City driving with a little thrashing now and then I get roughly 420-450kms. Last tank I got 510 kms. Did 365kms on half a tank highway driving.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
usually 400kms with both cars in the ity maybe 350 with MX-6

but Highway, Wagon will pull an easy 500kms but the Mx-6 can do it too but 450kms is more normal.

I know on one drive most of the fuel was spent in Sydney and over the blue mountains. after that one tank to and from the foot of the blue mountains. Well we did detour to Bathurst.

The worse I have ever gotten in that mazda's is 300km/s in the Mx-6 but it was an attack day maybe even 200kms
Tank was full but like it was on empty by days end and light on when I filled up. but it was thrashing it was just a day where, I had to do a lot of deliverys, from Hornsby to Loftus to Penrith.
but it was terrible traffic accients ETC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How many k's

well i dont know bout every1 else but i've gotten 525k's in my 90 model mx6 turbo on a cruze from brissy to melb and i had just under a quater of a tank left and wasnt game to try and push the limits any further ......(not knowing how far to the next station) lol and the car was stock

·
Registered
84 Posts
I went from rockhampton and back last week, with 2 people, 2 suitcases, 2 cartons of beer, aircon and doing about 120 all the way , still managed to make it just over 500k's on a tank of BP ultimate. Usually though same as everyone else - about 350 to 400k's. I was pretty impressed with reliability and power for overtaking on hot days, so much better than the VN commy!!

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
i generally get about 350 - 400 km per tank of 98 RON. ive got a 89 2.2L Turbo

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I get between 420-450k before I head for the nearest BP gold nozzle. I average 9lt /100k's , about the same as a mates new Audi A4 2.0 n/a (8.7lt/100k's)

The difference is.....my car is [email protected]

·
Registered
342 Posts
Whats the go with the low KM on F2T's???

When i had the EMS i got around 580km..now with stock its back down to around 550KM per tank of fresh BP ultimate. Thats of course myself driving to work doing nothing silly!!! but with some nice overtake manouvers thrown in

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ill usually get between 450 - 520. All depends on driving style. Running BP ultimate or Shell Optimax. Thats boosting occassionally and a bit of hard driving.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts