Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm just about to get a set of tokicos but kyb price looks really good..i'vefound you usually get what you pay for so is tokico the better buy?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Tokico's

i bought a set, luv them. wouldnt trade them for the world. not to stiff, but not soft either. i paid $332 for mine, shipped from carparts.com. i have heard the kyb's give a softer ride and they tend to leak as well.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've heard NOTHING but bad about the KYB's on probetalk, and nothing but good about the Tokicos. I would definitely say you get what you pay for when it comes to struts.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
The KYB's arent bad, just a bit soft. And I dont know what you mean about them leaking. Leaking what? THey're gas filled.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
If you want to hear about shocks leaking go to the Miata boards and ask about Tokico Illuminas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have a set of tokico's and i love 'em....it was worth the $220 i paid for them (thanks to a 33% off coupon). i, too, have heard poor things about the kyb gr2's...the kyb adjustables are supposed to be pretty decent but the non-adjustable gr2's aren't. i don't really know for sure but that's what i've heard....plus many people i've spoken to say that kyb's don't hold up to aftermarket springs too well...i'm not going to say anything more because i already have a set of struts i'm happy with and i'm sure there are lots of people out there who are happy with the kyb's...so, to each his own...besides, there are only a few companies out there that people unanimously agree are bad....can anyone say pacesetter? :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's about what i figured. i wish i could've got my tokicos at a better price though, i just paid $400
but i did get my eibachs for $180. should i expect any camber problems?
i haven't heard anything good about pacecetter either, can anyone suggest a good universal..maybe with dual dtms?

·
Registered
41 Posts
camber problems? what's that? :) actually, i haven't gotten my wheels aligned since i've put on the struts and springs. i've checked the wear on my tires and they seem to be pretty even...i don't think you should have any camber problems unless you're slamming your car about 2" or more, but i could be wrong...as for universal mufflers, check out arospeed, borla, magnaflow, or apexi....check ebay or groupbuycenter.com....hope that helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts