Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming down for the Auto Show this year (November 20th-30th I think), but my shifts are only 8 hours a day. So with ALL my free time, I'm wondering what there is to do down there?

Keep in mind my only transportation is my feet.

Anyone up for a meet? Haha.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
lol. im heading to cali from nov 8th-15th. but im just going to get away from this 30 degree weather for awhile. and i too, have no idea what im gonna do there for an entire week. i did however rent a mercedes C230 for a rental car already. :)

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
What part of L.a are u guys gonna be staying at?

Reactions: skinnyvince

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
i really cant, hotel is booked, car is rented, and flight is booked. im ready to rock! lol.

im actually meeting up with the kid that bought your 1st gen while im out there also.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i really cant, hotel is booked, car is rented, and flight is booked. im ready to rock! lol.

im actually meeting up with the kid that bought your 1st gen while im out there also.
Cool. Well if you willing to drive, We could meet up for lunch. Im in ventura area 93004 map quest it from your hotel and let me know a half way point.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
im down for lunch. only plan i have is a trip to west hollywood at some point to visit my Gma. havent seen her in a few years. so i have 6 day's with no real plans, and a reasonably sweet rental car!

i was actually born in lancaster, ca. and grew up in banning. ca untill i was 9, at which point my mother got married, and i got dragged to IL. where i currently still live.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just depends on what you like to do. there are clubs all over LA.

i'll be going to the auto show on the 21st or 22nd with a friend from the board. :)
I don't doubt I'll be out on the bar scene once or twice, but I'm sure there are other things I could do which I'll likely remember more of.

Not sure of where I'm staying yet, but where ever the AutoShow is, I don't doubt I'm not far away.

Stop by when your there and ask for me at the VW display. That's where I'll be wasting 8 hours of my day away this year.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you can go look at all the homeless people lol. or go to like universal studios or something like that.
East Hastings in Vancouver has LA beat, no doubt. Been there and seen enough homeless to fill the Titanic...I'm good.

you can also hit up the junkyards lol.
Plenty of those here too, except with the CDN dollar turning to mush again, its probably cheaper to buy at home.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Usually the LA Auto Show is at the LA Convention Center, which is right next to Staples Center, and the Nokia Theater. I know about nothing to do in LA though.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
go to the tolerance museum if ur into museums or six flags magic mountain if ur into roller coasters. there's also the whiskey and/or the sunset strip to keep ur music needs entertained and there's a bunch of places to eat. maybe u wanna go to the beach in the morning and go surfing and then go skiing in the afternoon in mountain hi, and make it back home to watch the kings play at the staples center, or the clippers, or the lakers, or the sparks, etc. lol there's always something going on at the staples center like the car show for example :tup:

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^Cool, thanks!

I'm sure there is lots to do there, just wasn't sure if anyone could recommend anything in the area. Appreciate the feedback!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts