Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Lambo Doors Are Here!!!!!

2K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  viennasound 
#1 ·
well i was searching and found this, now the advetisement says it will be available by DEC. 20, 03'
im guessing the price will be around $1700. i think this is a little to high. so i will be have to put some thoughts (lots of it) into this conversion.

anyways, here is the link:

mx6_lambo_are_here

#3 ·
lets hope your guess is over priced. 30 some pounds and a carbon fiber trim is nice. if it was 800 then it might have a chance of someone buying it. I'd give them 500

#4 ·
lets hope your guess is over priced. 30 some pounds and a carbon fiber trim is nice. if it was 800 then it might have a chance of someone buying it. I'd give them 500
i think my guess is very accurate, actually i believe it will be the actual price. however, i hope your guesstimate is right. but its highly unlikely cuz the other kits are in the $1700's.

#6 ·
i talked the the DECAH company a few days ago, and he said he could do a bulk buy of 10 for 1099. which is still high, but not even close to 1700. i am in the middle of fabricating my own as well. my uncle owns a machine shop and we are going to try to make a set for my car, if they come out good, we might produce a small quantity of them, and the price will be significantly lower than 1099. prob half that.

#8 ·
That would be nice to have, but paying half what the car is worth just for the doors seems a bit rediculous to me.

#9 ·
1 low keep us posted on the progress of your door kit.

#18 ·
992mmx3-t said:
Jimmeny Christmas, $1700 for Lambo doors!!:eek: The kit better be lined with diamonds for that price, sheesh.
1700 I can think of so many things that would be better for 1700 than lambo doors . Doesn't the material only cost about 300?

#20 ·
mademan333 said:
1700 for a lambo door lined with diamonds, what kind of diamonds you talking bout, walmart diamonds?
You know, diamonds are pretty worthless. They only cost so much because monopolies in the U.S. are not allowed. So that means that world wide companies, like Deberes (or however you spell it) that dont fall under U.S. law, can control how many diamonds are in the market and control the price to what ever they want.

#22 ·
1700.. wow, i wouldnt even pay 500 for them. im gonna be creative and do it myself. i mean, seriously.. you can make brackets for almost nothing,and then buy gas shocks for what 30$ each? im going linear actuator.. so i can use an alarm keyfob to open and shut them. i mean really.

#23 ·
its more work then you'd ever imagine. there is alot to take into consideration, weight of the door vs stregnth of the hinge, how the door goes up and down while still being able to move out. how to make it close right. (stock looking)
have fun. cuz i know i am. am i have a machine shop at my disposal

#26 ·
I'm waiting in line for 1 lows kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.