Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comin home from the mall tonight. I was just cruising along at about 35mph behind a
minivan. I noticed a car pulled off to the right in a parking lot waiting o pull out. As I
went by it I noticed, it was lowered, had rims, and exhaust. An Integra for sure, it
had the 4 little round lights in front. It was really a sweet looking car. It pulled out
behind me and tailed me, when the minivan turned off we both hit it, and he moved
to the other side of the road to try and pass me. He was gainng for a couple
seconds and his front bumper got to about my rear wheel, and then I started to
slowly pull away, but had to slow down because of a car stopped that was going to
turn. So he moved back over, and fell in behind me, and tailed me again. I knew
there was a 4 lane stretch coming up and I knew we would get into it there. The
only problem being the stop sign at the end of the quarter mile stretch. We both hit
the stretch and he moved over to the right lane and we both hit it. We started off
and he was already at my rear bumper, and by about 95mph, I had pulled about a
car lenght, maybe a tad more on him. I flashed my hazards, and slowed down, barely
coming to a stop at the stop sign. We both turned right, and I took off, and he
followed, but I had decded I had scared the girl that was with me enough for one
night, and I backed off. He tailed me a little more, and turned off right after. The car
was quick, it was at least a GS-R, but I doubt it was type R, I failed to notice if it
was a coupe or sedan when I went by it. I think it might have been a sedan, so that
would mean it wasn't a type R. It was way to quick for a GS. I don't now what kindo
f mods he had, but he gave a god run. It was a good race, and I think if I would
have had my ACT that's going in soon, I would've done better. My clutch slips a little
right now. It also would've been nice to have had my CAI on. Damn thing is off for
winter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I dunno. If ur car is manual it might have been a GS-R. But if u have an auto with only Intake and Exhaust then I doubt u would be able to beat a GSR or even be close to a Type R. I get spanked all the time, but its still fun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In that case - NICE!

G

·
Take into account he had big rims. I don't understand this thing with huge wheels, sure it looks cool but it slows you down. You pay to decrease your performance.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
bigger wheels decrease your acceleration, not your speed. and just because he had bigger rims doesnt mean he had a larger circumference. just somethin to think about

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rims on the car were at biggest 16". And even so, if you get the right tire put on a rim, so it matches your original diamter, it won't slow you down at all, and can actually help you out if you get a lighter rim. These rims were not oversized.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts