Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probably another ocmmon fault, after heavy rain my spare wheel well fill up with rain water, though i can't spot and obvious signs of a leak.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
check your spoiler bolts. I had the same problem and it ended up being that the bolts werent tight enough

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a result of all the water in the trunk I can't bolt my spare wheel down any more cause the threads in the hole have rusted. I'll check the spoiler bolts thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
I found a new spot that leaks , if you open up the truck lid and look on the body near the tail lights you will see a seam in the body, the water is flowing down that into the trunk, all i did was take some silicone and make a bead across it from the inside of the trunk (so it looks more pretty), here is a pic to what iam talking about... i do suck at drawing though

grrrr...pic didn't work

Take a glass of water and poor some on it... you will see what iam talking about

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John_Shea said:
I found a new spot that leaks , if you open up the truck lid and look on the body near the tail lights you will see a seam in the body, the water is flowing down that into the trunk, all i did was take some silicone and make a bead across it from the inside of the trunk (so it looks more pretty), here is a pic to what iam talking about... i do suck at drawing though

grrrr...pic didn't work

Take a glass of water and poor some on it... you will see what iam talking about
I think i see what your talking about mine is factory sealed their with sealant

·
Registered
947 Posts
just silicone over it to stop the leaking and use touch up paint to cover... won't even know its there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts