Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been struggling to find a very small oil leak below the distributor housing.

After a few days I discovered it was coming from the Turbo oil feed pipe at the joint. I have tightened that joint up as much as I can but the oil leak persists.

So I went to the wreckers and got both sections of pipe. After installing it the leak still occurs.

I am 99.9999999999999999% sure it is coming from the joint as I can clean it all up, dry it out, take the car for a quick spin and there is on a tiny film of oil only there. Plus the internals of the dizzy are bone dry.

Is this a common problem (couldn't find anything using the search tool)??? And do people just replace the pipe with some steel braided line to fix it???

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Try replacing the o-ring on the distributor.

Or of you cant find a spare without buying a VRS gasket kit then try some thick grease on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies guys, but I have just rebuilt the entire engine...every gasket/hose/seal/o-ring was replaced....

I take it that the joint leaking on the oil feed pipe is not a common occurrence....

I'm tempted to get some bundy pipe (aftermarket fuel pipe) and fit that to eliminate the joint....not sure if it will stand the heat +pressure though????

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
leak found!!!!! the housing in which the distrbutor goes in was leaking where it joins onto the head. It was directly above the thread on the oil feed pipe and with a bit of wind from driving made it appear that the feed line was leaking....:jump:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts