Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I will try to keep this short.

Aug 2007 my best friend and his brother got a huge house in Redmond. My spoken agreement with them was that the down stairs was mine. I needed my own space, kitchen, bathroom, ect, because I didnt like there life style.

The deposit was split 50/50 between me and Joel, my life long friend.

During the period of the lease Joel illegaly sub leased to three other people which lived upstairs. Rent was then split up again between us all.

So as time went on all the people were getting into my space leaving messes and trashing the house all the time.

So when it came time to sign a new lease everyone in the house wanted to raise me rent because of the large area I had. That I was okay with but we were going to have a talk about what that amount would be.

While I was out of town I got a nasty call from my now ex friend that my rent was X amount and due the next day. :lol:

I took this as a hostile punk bitch move.

I came back to town the next day and meet with the landlord. I told her about all the shit going on like drugs and trashing the house and I would not be signing the lease.

That I took care of the downstairs very well and that after an inspection I would like to get my half of the deposit back. She told me that if my area checked out clean with no damage that she would have the current people that were going to remain there on the lease pay her that amount of money and she would then refund me.

This was all spoken but I am working on getting her to admit this in email. ;)

Anyways here is the following emails I have just had with her.

So my name is some how on a new lease that I NEVER signed. I moved out the the next day after talking to her about this.

Its only 1000 bucks but still Im getting ass f ucked here. Do I take her to small claims? Sue my friend for fruad?

No I never signed any document for an extension of a lease. If you have a signature with my legal name on it then it has been forged. Im outraged to hear about this. If this is true I would like to meet with you asap and see this in person. This is fraud.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Hello!
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:27:49 +0000

AJ,
You signed a lease extension for another year through August 2009 and then decided to move out. I had to give two options to Joel: to stay through the end of lease extension or move out and be responsible for the rent until I find other renters. It was a messy situation with your moving out just after signing the papers, that already forfeited the security deposit.

However, I will be happy to let you know when he moves out. I hope it answered your question.
Irina
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 23:29:29 -0700

What is the time frame for them to vacate the property? I do not mind waiting. Curious as to why I would need to contact them after they do leave. Can I not deal with you directly? I guess I am a bit confused. If they renewed there lease which is now under one of the old tenants and who ever else was added to the lease shouldnt they be required to pay the deposit that does not belong to them? Could you please explain this a bit more.

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 05:27:16 +0000

Hi AJ,
I am not able to send you a security deposit until all of the people are out of the house. You should have settled it with them before you left. Also, pet deposit is non-refundable per the lease agreement. I will inform you when they vacate the property so you can contact them directly.
Hope everything is OK with you.
Irina

To: [email protected]
Subject: Hello!
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 16:13:48 -0700
Hey sorry this took me awhile as I have been really busy with work and getting settled into my new place.

Here is my email address and my cell is 206 948 4714.

I was wondering if I would be able to get my deposit and animal deposit back yet?

> > Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts