Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected an mx6 today from another member. Its a non runner (possible dizzy) and has been stood for 6 months. No mot/tax.

Drove 280 miles in the freezing fog at 7am and got back at 3pm

Body wise its 50/50. The drivers door is good but the window has been smashed, the front drivers wing has a crease but may pull out, the passenger door has a scuff and the passenger wing has a scratch. The bonnet is very good and overall the car looks quite tidy.

The leather interior is black and needs a good clean (i will do this). Theres a 3 or 4" split in the driver bolster but otherwise its in good condition. The drivers seat ISNT electric tho.

The Wheels are 17" Mazda 6 alloys. The tyres are all useable and look good but the wheels could do with a refurb as some paint is flaking and theres some kerb marks.

I'm going to strip the car for parts and keep them in storage so if anyone needs anything let me know.

I'm going to sell the wheels and interior on ebay/mx6.com to recoup the costs of the trailer/fuel/borrowing car then all other parts will be saved to repair a future pruchase or help other members.

If anyone needs anything let me know, I can post small items up to a reasonable size (inlet manifold size/weight) but bigger items will need collecting. I have access to a van so can meet up with anyone who has a lot of travelling to do.

Hopefully this will help me with a future purchase and get some members the cheap parts they need.

Mods: I havent put prices on items as i'm hoping this car will help members with any parts they need and i'm happy if they make an offer and pay for postage to get them up and running again.

PMs welcome

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
make me an offer via pm mate.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Hey windy - would you be willing to part with the bumpers? Both Front and back? I also need a new aerial system for my radio as my one is dead (again).

Both my bumpers are knackered you see.

Ben.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've spoke to Matty Daak and he is after the front bumper possibly as his is cracked. He also needs a door and wing to restore his write off to former glory. If you are in desperate need he may pass on the bumper to help another member.

Havent had chance to check the quality of the bumpers to be honest so I will have a good look over it tomorrow as parts are being removed and will photo them and let you know.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The aerial is broken Ben, about half way down and theres no way of me testing if it works as the battery is flat and the stereo has no faceplate.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Nice Paul - to tell you the truth I had forgotten about that. Will have to grab that from you the next time we meet up!

Don't worry about the bumpers, it sounds like a fellow member is in greater need than me!

Ben.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spent all day stripping the car and boxing up parts.

Matty Daak. The front wing and door have been removed for you as have the bumpers. The front and rear bumper are in great condition with only 1 scratch on the front but no splits, cracks or other damage. The front wing does have a small dent but now the wing is off this can be addressed easily. The door is ok but a lot of the internals will need swapping over from your old one (window motor/glass/door handle). All the body panels are in storage for you to collect.

Everything else has been stripped off the car that I could think of. There was a brand new dizzy cap and leads + 2x distributors in the boot.

Headlights, fogs and tail lights are all in excellent order.

Interior has a split in the drivers bolster and a scuff in the centre of the seat on the passenger side. Theres also a crack in the rear drivers side door card where the seatbelt/mounting goes but its not that noticable and the leather insert can be inscrewed and put in another door card.

The shell is now on my driveway and will be collected Monday/Tuesday so if anyone needs anything they can see in the pics let me know ASAP!

I can post pics of any other parts people need so let me know.

The Mazda 6 Alloys are 17" and DEFINATELY need a refurb. The Tyres are all Dunlop SP8000's with plenty of tread left and are 215/40/17.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car is being collected Wednesday so if anyone needs anything they really need to shout me up asap.

There is an excellent condition sunroof panel on this car with no rust or blisters and most of the engine/ancillaries left but I dont want to have to strip more parts if theyre not needed.

Parts sold so far are

Drivers wing, door and front bumper (Matty Daak)
Mudflaps and mirrors (Chefspot)

Please get in touch asap if you need anything.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
more pics

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi windy, Many thanks for all your help with bits. I'll deffinatly have the following:
Wing, door, bumpers (front and rear) also the metal front support that runs across the length of the front - I cant see it in the pic but it might be a part of the bumper, oh yeah also theres a small infill piece that sits around the bonet catch. Think thats about it but im sure i'll end up taking a few more little bits off your hands! :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No worries mate, i'll put you down for the sunroof panel too and you can decide on it when you get here but its in VERY good nick and I just need to remove it.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Matty_Daak is a legend!

Drove all the way from Bristol today in a quest to repair/restore his write off.

Took the bumpers, front wing, drivers door, banjo bolts (nice freeby!), new carpets, sunroof panel plus the cams and HLA's.

We were all suprised by how clean the engine was, the HLA's were mirror finish.

Was a pleasure meeting you and swapping stories mate, hope you get the 6 back on the road soon. Hope you have a safe drive back (no spanking that hire car, lol!)

Another 6 saved, who's next??

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hi, on the phone to Einstein as I type...

Need a circuit-opening relay which is the one next to the main relay, nearer to the nearside of the car, and if possible a main relay to be safe - fuel pump won't work without my jumping TEN-GND!

Need this urgently (hours or days), so pls do get in touch if you can help!

Skyline had a small fire and is with the doctor so need at least one car running asap!

Thanks,

S.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry mate, the scrappy took what was left at 2pm.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just too late..argh!

thanks anyway"

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Still available FULL LEATHER INTERIOR £100

Bonnet in good condition £20
Boot lid with spoiler and knackered struts (rust blister appearing near the lock) £20
inlet manifold with fuel rail £25
Rocker covers £20
Rear lights £10 each
Throttle body £10
Distributors x 2 £10
Standard spare wheel with new tyre £10
Speedo/dials £10
Dash surround with switches (fogs, hazard, rear window) £10
J-spec Dash surround with switches (hazard, rear window) this one has the coin tray on the RHS £10

Prices dont include postage. Ideally I would like people to collect large items but could meet up if its not too far out for me and worth the petrol. Possibly have a few other bits that I cant remember.

Sorry, no suspension, brakes or exhaust.

PM me if you want anything. Its all stored in the shed so its not going anywhere.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yo, may be up for the rocker covers if they're front and rear and clean?

Need to do a cleaner version of my Ferrari mess.

Myb we could reach an agreement on these and the offside front fog and surround if it's not a coloured one?

Gave the go-ahead for a painful amount of work on the V-spec today, so can now focus on Ferrocious once again for a bit...she's been through 3 alternators in 3 years - wish I knew why!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi mate, I really want to sell the fogs as a pair because having 1 foglight lying around isnt much good. The Uk fogs all appeared coloured but its only because theres a yellow cap inside that can be removed.

The rockers covers are a pair, they're not in bad condition but could do with a clean up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts