Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning I woke up to an offer for a blue badge interview loop.

For those that dont know Microsoft has blue badges and orange badges.

Blue badges are employees with stock options and bonuses, ect.

Orange badges are contract based people.

So ive been on a few blue badge loops before but in the eyes of the people doing the hiring they have never seen me as a good match. This happens when you try to go for a high end role that you know you can do but then they see this kid when they have been there for 20+ years and shoot you down.

Also I walked away from the contract business because of how terrible you get treated, lots of empty promises and slave like labor.

I picked up a contract recently from a friend developing some content although at this point I wish I had turned it down since I am there slave again but bills need to get paid.

This role is for support which is as low as you can go, but I think if they offer it to me I will take it.

Ive been wanting to redefine myself which is going to require me to spend some time in school.

Plus I am young and Ive never taken any time to slow down my life.

I think this might be a great fit for me for now. Time to get my degree and save my stocks and bonuses. I do have 35 working year left if I dont retire sooner.

:jump:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Sounds good man, any job thats a step ahead is huge right now, especially since it's something you've wanted to do.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a large step back on the pay scale but with a relaxed schedule and school paid for it will be worth it in the long run.

The job itself will be a cake walk compared to launching products so I should excell quickly and get a higher level.

(They use levels for pay rates)

Plus if I want to be a director or GM of a product then I have to have the paper to back it.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
what products will you be supporting?

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Windows Server 2008.

Its about time they tried to hire me, I did write most of there damn technical content.

Im sure I will also cover Windows 7 client / server as time moves forward.

what products will you be supporting?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Windows Server 2008.

Its about time they tried to hire me, I did write most of there damn technical content.

Im sure I will also cover Windows 7 client / server as time moves forward.
When you become a blue badger...hire me away from RADIO...PLEASE!!!

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah when I become a manager and have head count its a deal bud.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I do know how you feel when the old timers see you and expect you to know nothing.

I have only been working at my current job for 4 months, I was talking this morning with controls engineer who has been here 25 years. I was asking for his help eventhough he is going above and beyond what I asked. He started lecturing me on controls and all this shit. I was like I know all this you dont have to explain to me, just because I am young doesnt mean I dont know controls engineering :sigh:

Like I said, I have only been here 4 months and I am already doing debug on a whole grinding machine, its myself and 2 other people debuging, verify conrols circuts and programming. I told them I needed at least a 1 year learning curve and they already got me out here doing a machine by myself. :)

Taking a step back isnt bad necessarily. I was going to school to be a pharmacist, make 100K a year starting. 1.5 years into a 6 year program I decided to drop everything and start fresh at a technical school. I didnt want to have 100K in debt when I was done with school and I wanted a jumpstart on life.

Right now Im making just as much as I would if I would have been a pharmasist. I make 65K salary, and another 7K in 401K so totaling 72K on 3.5 years of school (2 years relevant) and 2 years experience. Plus my school debt is nearly paid off and Im only 23 (24 in a few weeks)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Sweet! So what's next? Panel or 1 on 1?

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She passes all my info onto the hiring manager.

The hiring manager and I will have a one to one.

Then the 5 person loop.

If the hiring manager or the "as apporpiate" (VP or Director) say no then I am out.

Also, they lady was able to tell me the role level so I should make more money if they give me the full pay for that level, plus stocks and bonuses.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts