Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whatup everyone, I thought that I was alone in my MX6 pride. Guess I was wrong. Its good to have a crew! Anyways, I love the color blue, and I want to change my LEDs to blue, is it possiable, how hard if it is possiable??? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
welcome...

Welcome to the club. If you need info on stuff like that try doing a search, you can find most anything that way. On the other hand I think you'll find that most questions get answered fairly promtly, and a lot of people really know there stuff.
Hope you enjoy the site,
Cya
Claeren
===================
Claeren '93LS

·
Registered
136 Posts
which LEDs? spoiler brakelight? if so, you might have to open up the little casing and it'd be kinda hard but im sure u could.. but it would prob be illegal too.. i dunno any other LEDs in the car stock?

j

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, Im an idot with cars. I am trying to learn but it is pretty slow. What I ment was, change the color behind displays. My Tack and things... Sorry that I was not clear!

·
Registered
932 Posts
So your talking about your guages right? You really can't change your gauge lights effectively. I haven't seen anybody successfully do it! What I did is get some white gauges and used some front lighting. Looks awesome! If you need more info let me know!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love some advice! Do you have any pics???

·
Registered
932 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
I bought this little dual map lights set from Pep Boys. They look like 2 spot lights. They plug into your cigarrete lighter. I cut off the cigarrete adapter and hard-wired it to my dimmer switch. LOOKS AWESOME! :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey import_killer, after you hooked up the map lites, do they dimm and stuff???

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
import_killer said:
I haven't seen anybody successfully do it!
ill do it. in fact i was planning on doing this. if you pull off the switches/buttons on your climate controls, youll see little rectangular LEDs. i havent found a supplier of those in blue yet but i havent been looking long. i already have blue in my dome lights and my doors. my engine bay is painted blue and next ill paint my engine block blue. i just bought blue shoulder pads for my 5-point harness. funny cuz my paint is maroon. im slowly transforming my interior/underhood to blue while i save for my candy midnight blue paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts