Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'm sure it could! THat would be pretty cool... Something a little bit brighter might be nice!

·
Registered
283 Posts
just remove the green piece it just slids in the spot then take something thats easy to work with like colored lexan or something like that that you can get at a hobby store and install the led and youd be good to go :D

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
It's not a green light or a gel cap. There's a small green plastic disc the same size as the ones on the dash cluster for the indicator direction. I'm contemplating changing all 3 for blue ones. But I don't know if the blue indicator drection ones would be legal over here.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Heckler said:
It's not a green light or a gel cap. There's a small green plastic disc the same size as the ones on the dash cluster for the indicator direction. I'm contemplating changing all 3 for blue ones. But I don't know if the blue indicator drection ones would be legal over here.
I dont think your gauge cluster could get you a ticket, just say you got the car that way. Either way, how would a cop see it? If by chance you were pulled over, just dont have your blinker on.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I also contemplated this since all the green on my car is gone, except that silly green cover deal....

Can be EASILY done.

Just get a peice of plexi, cut a small circular shape, and sand it to size, hotglue it in, and put a gelcap on the bulb ;)

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
the top of a pepsi lid! that's what i used for my indicators in my gauges, works perfect combine it with a blue LED and voila! actaully a white LED would work too but blu would look much better!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Indrid said:
I dont think your gauge cluster could get you a ticket, just say you got the car that way. Either way, how would a cop see it? If by chance you were pulled over, just dont have your blinker on.
We also have a yearly test called an MOT, I'm gonna pop into one of the testing stations next week and ask.

You wouldn't even need to change the buld, just find some blue tinted plastic... Clear wouldn't work as well, because you could see through it and the bulb is almost directly in the eyeline, so could cause a distraction. Colour tinted plastic would be the way to go.

·
Registered
444 Posts
im goin to cut some of the lexan tomorrow..... and see what i can come up with.... also the testors candy apple red paint that people buy for their taillights is also available in blue....so you can cut a piece and paint it with that transparent blue and use a white or blue led....ill do it tomorrow and post some pictures....im doin the keyhole and the blinkers

and also...stealth i have a question...im using lexan glass...what is the difference between lexan and plexi?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts