Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering anyone know if there is any manufacturer or site that sells metal based LED washer nozzles? Not so much the whole thing (made out of metal), but just the part that inserts into the hose? I've got a pair of yellow/Amber LED nozzles wired into my signal indicators, but in the last 2.5-3 years Ive gone through 4 or 5 pairs, mainly cause the plastic part that goes into the hose always cracks & breaks off in colder weather, especially in winter. first 2 sets found out they were screwed in too tight, then second 2 weren't as tight but after a while were same results (happened during winter), the latest pair has managed to last me since early spring.

I don't think there is as Ive looked high & low, but wasn't sure if I was missing anything. & if not metal, a more durable plastic? the two brands Ive used is Toucan & Eurolite.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
ppl will call you rice rice rice!
i have a blue/pink/purple one. cant top that rice... haha.
i NEVER have it on.
mine looked like metal at first but it was just chromed.
i think eurolite has the best quality ones....
i dont think any of em are made of metal.

·
Registered
947 Posts
well since were past the ricer talk, ill answer your question .... i have seen them on ebay when i was crusing through there, also i seen them at Canadian Tire, Wal-Mark,Part Source, i never looked where your from so the states iam sure any autozone, wal-mart will have them.

·
Registered
874 Posts
If you put the chrome like one on, it doesn't look rice at all.... I never heard of metal base..I only see the plastic ones...

It is a great replacement when your nozzle got stuck or worn out.

I can 100% tell you that they are plastic. There is not metal for a $8.00 nozzle. Trust me , it look nice & not rice. It just look a chrome nozzle..

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
i have no problem with a chrome nozzle, but when they start lighting up all silly it just looks kinda dumb to me. I am not out to bash anyone, i always try to avoid that, just saying it ain;t my taste, i agree with just about everyone, just keep looking at walmart or autozone, pepboys etc., you're bound to find some.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well years ago I got mine & remember seeing some of the SUV's (Ford expedition I think?) with LED's in the side mirrors, for signal indicators & got teh idea from there, had my mechanic install them & wire them to the signal indicators so they blink with left & right turn indicators (left nozzle with left & right nozzle with right), got the yellow/amber ones to be "legal", its no more sillier than having LED's in the side mirrors, or in a rear spoiler (brake lights), or anthing else. But they do get noticed, their not that bright, but still get noticed when I use them at night, as for the rice factor.... not sure about that, they do look like real nice chrome washer's don't even see the LED's in day (unless you look real close, like a couple feet away). Used to go nice with my exhaust tips (now its still chromed, but is starting with some corroded pitting & stuff), just a hint of chrome in front & little in the rear.

But yeah, its just a pain to replace them on a "regular" basis, because the plastic cracks in winter some times. but I suppose metal ones might corrode & clog easier as well, but I think they'd last longer though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah I checked with the MN State Patrol years ago before I bought them off of Nopi.com (my first 2 sets), to see if it was legal, I told them I'd be getting the yellow ones wired into either my signals or driving lights (running lights, whatever), they told me as long as they didn't exceed a specific candlelight power rating & I didn't have more than 2 sets/pairs of lights on at a given time, & wasn't set too high (hood was fine), then there shouldn't be an issue at all.

Ive never been pulled over once for them (Speeding... yes, LOL, got 2 more months to go before I'm in the clear, one more ticket this year & I lose license for 2 or 3 months I think, but, lights no), how ever shortly after I put them on my car several other people in the area (including a co-worker who drilled holes in his Monty Carlo to install some purple ones) put some on theirs, blue/purple etc etc, & have gotten pulled over, I just laugh when I hear that, LOL :D My one co-worker couldn't understand why I got away with it, when I explained to him how I got around it, he was like "Oh, wish I had thought about that, but oh well" or something like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts