Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Okay here's the deal, i go to drive home today and the friggin' E/Brake is stuck! I mean, i can lift it up and put it down, however, the brake itself won't budge. It's on nomatter what! Also, pulling up on the driveway ( I only live 3 minutes from work...)......the Rear Left wheel left skid marks! I'm talking rubber just from the rear left tire! What the hell is with that AND, how can i take it to get it fixed when I'm skidding all over because the rear LEFT tire won't MOVE! This is totally Nuckin' FUts! Is there some way of fixing this problem myself! It just seems to be effecting the rear left tire!

Thanks alot Guys!

Little Bastard,

·
Registered
20 Posts
...probably the calipers

Your rear tire is stuck because of the quite infamous rear calipers.
They had a bad design on the 93 and 94 models I think. Anyway, they
may get stuck when you use the e-brake and wont release the brake(s).

I had this happening to me last weekend. I had to park in a really
steep hill, and used the e-brake. I could hear something was wrong,
and yes, it was stuck.

I took off the tire just to get a view of things, and pulled the arm
connected to the brake-wire back (back as in towards the rearend of
the car) by just using my hands. You can probably do it without taking
the wheel off. Maybe I was lucky, and you would need tools to do it.

Its on my list of things to fix.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

God man, you saved me like...$67.50 if not more! Took a look behind my wheel, and sure enough, pulled it towards me and ....well....almost got killed! Haha..see, i was lying under the car with my stomach under the rear wheel that WOULDN"T MOVE, anyway, pulled that thing you told me about and the car tire moved, and started to roll back! (whew..i got out of there fast....)...i totally forgot to put the car in gear!
Anyway dude, you don't know how much i appreciate this. Thank god for this web-site and people like you that respond and know what their talking about!
Thanks Again!!!!

Little Bastard,

·
Registered
193 Posts
if you decide to replace the rear caliper, try the autospecialty rebuilt calipers. they come with metalmaster pads already in there. They fit pretty tight on my rotor, but seemed to loosen up after a day or two of driving.
I changed both my rears and felt a difference, even tho I didn't change the fronts. got powerstop cross drilled rotors as well. the calipers and rotors come "cadmium" kinda gold plated to help preserve them before use, but it comes off fairly quickly.
hr

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

Thanks for the info! I don't think it is much really, I just had to pop this thing back in place. It was just frozen shut. When the E/Brake was released, the lock didn't unlock. I just had to puch back on it! I might need new Rotors though but, am going to try and wait for spring/Summer. Were expected to get 10inch's of snow tonight. Blizzard tomarrow! SHIT. This sucks!
However, snow driving rules! Thanks alot dude!

Little Bastard,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts