Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Legacy speakers are low line speakers that sound like crap. I know because I install many car stereo systems. Legacy is same brand as Pyramid, Profile, and I beleive Jensen.

If you are looking for a NICE decent system, drop me an email and we can talk. I have some stuff for sale.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes, they are crap.. dont bother getting them.. I perfer top of the line Kenwood audio, if thats to expencive for you ya can go the way most teenagers go.. the cheap yet powerfull fosgate (my opinion, fosgate sux0r) or lastly you want good sound, at a very low price then ya can get some Pioneer 6x8's at wallmart that are designed for mazda, fords, and some other car.. they run about $60/pair and while they are not excellent speakers they are better than just stock. I blew out my stock speakers and didnt have enogh money to buy the kenwoods I was planing on so I picked up 4 of these as temproary replacements. I was only runing them at 50w each from my cdplayer but I was realy suprised how good they sounded for being so cheap. I have since replaced these and I gave them to my mom for her ford van that also had 6x8's.. she likes them.
If you want to invest some money in SUB's then save your money and hold out for a good deal, keep visiting local car-audio shops and check out there deals.. BUT do your reasearch. Usaly they can pick up if you are ignorant and try to push some crapy series on your making rediclous claims. I lucked out and went in like 2 days after they got there 2000 series Kenwoods and I picked up there last pair of 1999 models for about 1/3rd the sticker price. they were 12" subs that had the exact same specs as the 2000 models, only the 2000 models looked a bit diffrent (uglier i think)

Hope this helps you, before ya make any big investments do your reasearch and get some second opinions..

·
Registered
48 Posts
stuff for sale

I am interested in a system. what do you have for sale LandoLakes?
mx6-ls

·
Registered
58 Posts
Legacy

Actually, I bought 2 12" subs and an 800 watt amp from AudioDealer last month. I thought they weren't going to sound that good, but I didn't have that much money to throw around. To my surprise, the way I hooked them up, they sound really good. You can hear the bass from a pretty far distance. They sound really good though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts