Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a session of oil changes and oil leak fixes, and a wash and polish..
it is time for the mods..
first it was the rims ..(yes second gen mx6 rims) and a stereo upgrade (well any thing would be an upgrade for nothing), And of course I lowered her..
And then it was off for a run to the country ..

.. now to see if I can wind up the boost just a tad.. it is only running @ 10 psi ..( I just temp rigged up a vac gauge from a timing kit)
It doesn’t have a boost controller as yet but isn’t that a bit higher than stock?...
The 3and ½ exhaust comes directly off the turbo manifold and im not sure what the score is with the waste gate…
Any way im just getting started..

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Looks good, those 2g mags don't look have bad on it. How does she go so far?? :)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is definitely not as quick as the V6.. or as much of a car over all.. but as all ways .. I like it..
it is like it is close to a fast over all .. but it bogs down at low revs and runs out off puff at high .. bun in the middle it goes like hell.. but the v6 goes hard from go to wow.. but at the risk of repeating my self I like it.. (you cant say im prejudice to one model or the other now.. the second gen rules ..lol)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check out the B4 guard clearance.. you could get a bus in there..

and this with the old rims and ride hight

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
nice looking car there paul :)

the ride height looks pretty high by that pic ?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Mr MX6,

Looking good...what are the plans for it?

Yes the run out of puff up top, it's a legacy of having a tiny factory turbo.

How far do you want to go :)

Pete

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How far will I go..?, With out a doubt all the way..
But it will not happen over night.. I have to get the bugs ironed out of the current setup first.. it hits boost cut under load in third.. :shrug: and im pretty sure ill have to pull the box out and service it now .. it is just “not right”.. I don’t know what I can just sense it…
I know you guys recon the first gen is quicker that im achieving @ the moment as well so something is arye im sure.... particularly with it not being completely stock..
and the top pic is the ride height now FE…

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
I dont know how big the guards are on the GD but my little 14's fill them on the GC :D

Should be a good project :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey mate congrats on ya car i must say i am also a fan of the Second gen as well as the first gen to like yourself.

I just read tha you plan to go all the way with your First gen Might i suggest straight away you do the FE3 converison cause once you have that the sky is the limit basically its great engine with massive potential for big numbers on the Dyno and very nice 1/4 time slips.

I am currently on a saving mission to do this very transfer and honestly cant wait

Just thought i would post my thoughts :p

Robbo

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
. yea a few, but it cant take my old klo3 in my brothers car ether… but I know it still has some issues to sort out..

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Once you get those issues sorted out it will go a lot better. Thats what I have found with mine anyway. Just sorting a few issues on mine such as plugs, timing etc dropped it from a 15.3 to a 14.8, gaining almost 5 mph in the process.

Boost cut sucks doenst it. Fortunately its long gone on mine :)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So is that via a mod chip .. ?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
The removal of boost cut was by a mod chip yes. Really like 15psi, im sure its not in the best interests of longevity but its fun!

How quick do you think the 2nd gen would be if it was all sorted. I know last time out it wasn't running too flash. That was pre-ze wasnt it?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The ze last time chewed out the gear box . .and now I have a jspec box and phantom grip lsd.. but as for a current time well I think the west oz boys are going to the track on one of the coming Wednesdays so ill let you know exactly.. .
I’ll have to start shopping around for a boost cut defender thingy .. (all very technical lol)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Go for the Turbosmart FCD Type 2, i got mine fitted along with the boost controler valve and now runs 14psi without boost cut..

Its a very easy process it conects to the AirFlow Meter and then its just a matter of tuning it and getteing the fuel mixtures and timing correct...

·
Registered
793 Posts
yeh my fcd has two power leads and it connects in between one of the wires on the afm
my klo3 wouldnt stand a chance against the 626t, the kl has nothing below 4500rpm but the 626 gets scary as low as like 3 grand
oh yeah 100ks on the tx5 and more than double that on the 626
cant beat torque

1 - 17 of 17 Posts