Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
They were certainly right about the seatbelts. However no complaints about the cupholder issue. Was that not important back then?
Some cars, especially of this caliber, were designed to be road warriors. Now couches and bar stools were meant for drinking. Thanks, but i prefer to drive my car.

After years of painstaking research engineers were not able to create a cup holder to withstand the g force the 4ws turbo produced on freeway entrance ramps. It was before the mcdonalds invasion where having your 64oz 216g of suger cola wasn't necessary while commuting or at the track.

i personally see no need for cup holders, but then again i don't frequent the drive through at Arbys twice a day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seatbelts

Yeah i was Happy the first time i got into my 89 GT 4ws becuz i relized right away there were no Auto belt. I was so happy i didn't have to be clothslined by my car again

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
A pull out cup holder tray from a Ford can be grafted into the dash, someone in here has done it. It can't be done if you have the equalizer. You can buy a cup holder that has a flat panel the shoves down between the passenger seat and the center console or just buy a bell-bottom go-cup to set on the floor.

G-force? What's in your coffee cup?

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
^
there from a taurus. ;)

and i have to say. after buying my 97 626. and having 2 AWESOME stock cup holders. i love it. thats my 1 complaint with my fe3 626gt.

Torass FTW!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts