Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted this in a different area new to this whole thing, see if anyone pics it up here? does it matter were it is posted?;

i want to change over my high beams to a hid retrofit, don't know much about it. I was wondering if someone could help me out with what and were to purchase the items. I have a 2004 Mazda 6.

I just changed over my drl's to piaa's and quite like them, I was thinking of switching the fog lights over to slvaynia silverstars. mainly because if i dont have to I'd rather not shell out the extra money. checked out reviews and most people seem happy with the silverstars.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
the first is true the second is debatable

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
You should purchase my retrofit kit in the FS section. It has everything you need :)

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
i posted this in a different area new to this whole thing, see if anyone pics it up here? does it matter were it is posted?;

i want to change over my high beams to a hid retrofit, don't know much about it. I was wondering if someone could help me out with what and were to purchase the items. I have a 2004 Mazda 6.

I just changed over my drl's to piaa's and quite like them, I was thinking of switching the fog lights over to slvaynia silverstars. mainly because if i dont have to I'd rather not shell out the extra money. checked out reviews and most people seem happy with the silverstars.
Don't buy HIDs until you know if you are going to swap the projectors. I run Apexcone 55-watt 6000k H1 HIDs in my stock projectors, with the glare bar removed, and it's the opinion of my local Mazda group that my cut-off is better than that of the OEM HIDs that come on the MS6.

You want to retrofit your high beams? Good luck, as far as I know, there is no way to install a projector in the high beam. If you want, you can run a Bi-Xenon low beam projector that are capable of doing what you want. You can still run HIDs, and they will be blindingly bright.

I like luminics bulbs for the fogs. They are bright, and the color matches pretty well. Don't buy Sylvania silverstars. They are a huge rip off, and usually don't last a year. You'd be better off buying an HID kit for the price of those bulbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts