Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.I have a fog light out, but while at the parts store they Sylvania catalog had no part number for the replacement bulb for a 93-97 MX-6. Can somebody please tell me the part no. for the fog light and the headlight bulbs?

2. My drivers side headlight goes out. One good smack and it is back on again. Where should I start looking to solve that? A friend suggested that the bulb has a broken filiment and when I smack it it makes contact again and lights up. That is why I want to try to replace the bulb first. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

3. How do you remove the sunroof panel? Mine has a small rust bubble next to the black weatherstripping. I'm gonna find a new one or have a buddy of mine fix mine. I hate rust and it HAS to be fixed.

4. My v6 has a noisy tick/knock sound coming from the motor when it is cold. Most of the noise goes away when the engine is warm, but I can still hear it. To me it sounds horrible. I checked the dipstick and oil only registered on the tip. I have only had the car for 1000 miles so I just changed the oil. I put in the 3.9 qts that the owners manual stated and checked to oil again only to have it barely register on the dipstick. Another friend suggested that I measure it against another dipstick from a different mx6. He said that my dipstick is probably too short and that is why it won't read right. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

·
Registered
483 Posts
hello,

foglight: 35W bulb
headlight:9004

for the headlight going on and off and smacking it...check for loose connections.

sunroof...i have no clue

ticking is from the hydraulic lifters, they say use sythentic oil and a mazda filter to help reduce the carbon buildup in the HLA's. Loss of oil can be deposited in the sparkplug wells from the valve cover gaskets. Clean it out sometimes.

hope that helps,

Anthony

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The headlight problem was a broken filament. I also managed to get the fog lights changed. They didn't have any 35w bulbs so I used two 55w bulbs so they would match.

Sunroof...still need help.

I changed the oil and much of the sound seems to be gone now. How many of you have changed your oil using an aftermarket filter or with the Mazda filter? Is there really much of a difference?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts