Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my hands on a mid 90's honda accord lip (front). WOndering whats the best way to get a good install/fitment and something that is not too difficult to do at home? thanks in advance!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well besides making it easy to install...how do u install a mid 90 accord lip (cutting ?) anything required besides putting it right up...maybe weaksauce would know his fitment is great pretty sure he has that lip

·
Registered
475 Posts
It takes some time to get it to fit right. You WILL have to remove the bumper, also about 6" needs to be removed from the middle. The ends (by the wheel) do not need to be cut. I used a bunch of clamps to hold it place where I wanted it drilled holes and then put bolts in it. It takes a while. Here are some pics sorry they were from my cell.

·
Registered
605 Posts
not bad blaster, looks pretty nice compared to some lip mods Ive seen.

Im not sure I would cut it dead center, I think I would cut it in the two spots where it has that upward shift, trying to keep the angle consistent, then cut it down to fit between the two areas. while it doesnt look bad by any means, I just dont like the thought of it being split there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow this helps thanks chef and blaster...btw blaster that lip job is well done..nice work dude!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Dan find me the same lip cause im havin no luck lolll

how about mounting the lip and making the cut a bit off to the side... and hide the cut by mounting the license plate over it... like the way i have mine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts