Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
oh....damn. thread revival. I thought it was recent. ooops.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Anyone have a photo of my 6? Sold, never to be seen again and all the pics lost. I posted it quite a few times here. It is a black GT with protege straight spoke wheels. I would be eternally greatful if someone has saved it. I miss her dearly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im most likely going with black Rota Torque's 17 x 7.5 with a +40 offset and running 215 45 r17 tires...I will supply some pictures when this happens

·
Registered
59 Posts
A thread, a member and a car revival.

So I want to put the 88 MX 6 GT on the road, and I need tires.

So I am looking at 300ZX stock 90 wheels in the polished finish with 225/50/16 goodyear tires on the rims. The stock rims are 16x7.5 with a 45 mm offset.

The tires could have a section width of 8-9 " and the tread width could be about 8 "with an overall diameter of 24.9.

Will they fit?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Made a deal I couldn't pass up, so now they are on the car. Had to space out the rears about 3/8" to clear the spring support with the taller tires. That will mean a spacer and studs to run the combination. Holding off till I figure out how straight the wheels are that I've put on the rear.

Are there any recommendations on a new rear strut that has more clearance between the axle mount and spring perch that will allow taller tires?

Got to admit I like the look. They run a touch outside or even with the wheel well lips and raise the car a bit. But I like big fat tires. I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just tried and bought a set Toyota RAV4 Wheels 7,5J x 16" (5x114,3) / 60,1>59,1
Hell yeah, with a bit of work they are going to look amazing....

already busy with the makeover....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Laser/Talon/Eclipse (DSM lug nuts must be used.)

2nd gen Probe/Mx6/626 wheels.

Mazda Millenia. Saw the newer 17's on a 1G 626 and looked sexy!!!

Mazdaspeed Protege wheels fit but the rear rubs. I think if 215/40/17's used (215/45/17 are stock) Im sure they would fit.

Pretty much any 5x114 Mazda wheel will fit.
I puleled some rims off a 96 mx6, so will they fit my 89?

·
Registered
15 Posts
18s

Ive got 18x8.5 225/45s on the front and 18x10.5 265/45s on the back had to ding the strut a little to make fit on the rear 5mm and cut the gaurd about 2 inches to stop rubbing with 3.5 inch fender flares on it.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Ive got 18x8.5 225/45s on the front and 18x10.5 265/45s on the back had to ding the strut a little to make fit on the rear 5mm and cut the gaurd about 2 inches to stop rubbing with 3.5 inch fender flares on it.
Is your car converted to a rear wheel drive?
If not it sounds like a lot of work to drag a lot of rubber around.
The back tires should last a long time, 45% longer than factory sized rears and 25% longer than the size on the front of the car if the fronts weren't the drive tires, because they are I would say the rears will last 400% longer @ 300whp

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is your car converted to a rear wheel drive?
If not it sounds like a lot of work to drag a lot of rubber around.
The back tires should last a long time, 45% longer than factory sized rears and 25% longer than the size on the front of the car if the fronts weren't the drive tires, because they are I would say the rears will last 400% longer @ 300whp
Its fwd dont notice much drag difference still gets the same gas mileage and rolls great down low at 100kmh.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts