Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Little problem became huge problem....please help me PLEEEAASE REEAD

823 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr. MX6 
G
#1 ·
Ok, i found out a few days ago my car was leaking oil, wasnt sure of the cause, but it was coming from the valve cover (so I'm thinkin valve cover gasket). But i had only lost about a quart in a month, so i figured it would be fine for a while. But then the car sits for the next to days cuz the alt belt snapped and i had to get one and put it on. So i install the new belt, tighten it down, start up the car and then....ass-action. The engine was bearly able to keep from dying, was reving between like 500 rpms and 1000 rpms and when i tried to drive it it wouldn't accelerate at all really, very very slowly neway. So then i check my spark plugs....i pull out the wires, and see that all the wires except to 2 in the middle (I have the v6) of each valve cover are like soaked in oil, as well as the plugs. So then i decide to change the valve cover gasket (holy crap was this hard!!!). Finally get it done, and we thought we did everything right but when i started it up it just died right away. I was able to keep it alive and drive it by constantly revving it, but as soon as i let off the gas in neutral it dies in a matter of seconds. So then we think maybe i should just replace the plugs and wires and everything will be good. I just finished doing that and now it starts up fine at first, but then immediatley wants to die if i dont press the gas. So now i have no clue wat it could be, except:

There's a white plug with to holes in it thats not attached, and i dont remember if it plugged into nething before, if it does, i cant find it. The plug is directly underneath the intake manifold and i could have unplugged it when i had to remove the intake manifold to get to the top valve cover (theres so many hoses and plugs, but i didnt see ne others that weren't connected. So if neone knows about this plug or if neone have or could take pics of their engine bay i would greatly appreciate it. thanx

See less See more
#2 ·
sounds like you forgot to connect a vacuum hose.

also what senser was not reconnected? the one in the middle of the top of the engine thats screwed into the block?

G
#3 ·
I searched and searched and couldn't find any loose hoses or plugs/sensors except for the one. And no it wasn't that one, its not the one that bolts on, its just kinda chillin there, one little white plug, cant find anything for it to connec to.

#4 ·
White plug sounds like the plug to the IAC... Underneath the TPS you'll see a black cylinder. It plugs in underneath that...

#6 ·
i had the same problem and it was the vacuum hose that was on the back part of the engine by the throttle body. Its a very small black one. Look over there and see if you can find it, as for the little white plug. Look under the Intake Manifold and see if you see the other end of the plug. I think i know what plug you are talking about, and the other end might be under the intake manifold. That was another thing that I forgot to connect. Hope that helps you out any.

#7 ·
that sounds exactly like a vacuum leak. check that again..... check to make sure you dont have any cracked hoses. im thinking you missed one...... good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.