Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally posted by Greg S (some time ago on probetalk):
Definitely has it [park/neutral wire]. It's a green w/yellow stripe wire on the ECU in pin 1R. It's shared with the clutch pedal trigger at the ECU but you by-pass the clutch line for the remote start. It does work, I've had a remote start on my MX-6 for the past 5 years without a problem, and have tried to start it in gear occasionally, doesn't even try to turn over. The color of the wire will most likely bne different ont he Probe but that is the color on the 94 MX-6 with the V6.
I am trying to find this wire in my '93 MX6. 1st of all, is the ECU the metal box at the bottom of the center console, just in front of the shift lever, with 3 yellow wire harnesses plugged into the front? I tested the only green w/yellow stripe wire here (what does pin 1R mean?) and it does not ground out or show any voltage on my multimeter when cranking the engine in gear. Does this neutral wire only ground out when the starter is cranking, or does it ground out whenever the transmission is not in neutral?
I looked in my Haynes manual, and it shows the 'neutal position switch' wire (for MTX) as grey w/yellow stripe that goes into the green w/yellow stripe wire, which goes to the 'powertrain control module' (same as the ECU?). I could not find any grey w/yellow stripe wires.

I also cannot find a positive door input wire that gives +12v when a door is opened, or one that tests ground with the doors opened. There is a red w/white stripe wire that grounds out but also tests -12v with the door open - will this be okay for the negative door input? Please help me find the last few wires that I need to complete my install! Thanks.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Mike 93LS said:
1st of all, is the ECU the metal box at the bottom of the center console, just in front of the shift lever, with 3 yellow wire harnesses plugged into the front?
Yes

I tested the only green w/yellow stripe wire here (what does pin 1R mean?) and it does not ground out or show any voltage on my multimeter when cranking the engine in gear. Does this neutral wire only ground out when the starter is cranking, or does it ground out whenever the transmission is not in neutral?
Pin 1R means that it is the wire going in to the 1st plug in posistion R, this is counting top to bottom and right to left on the plug on the left hand side while looking towords the PCME(ECU). There should be 22 pins total on this plug. The wire should have a +12 volts except when the clutch is depressed and the car is in neutral, then it will have less than 1 volt or ground.

I also cannot find a positive door input wire that gives +12v when a door is opened, or one that tests ground with the doors opened. There is a red w/white stripe wire that grounds out but also tests -12v with the door open - will this be okay for the negative door input? Please help me find the last few wires that I need to complete my install! Thanks.
There is no positive door trigger on Mazdas, or most cars for that matter, so the red w/white is the negative door trigger. It's the only one you'll need.
If this doesn't help e-mail me and I can always scan in teh schematic page from my shop manual for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts