Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you had not guessed by the title my cars locks are all shot

the trunk lock was completely done in when i got the car .... no big deal as the release lever still works on the inside of the car

the passengers side door lock ko'd a year ago and now the drivers lock is so stubborn i am cracking keys on a weekly basis or getting locked out completely

to make matters worse the remote entry system has not worked since i got the car

so what i am looking for is the drivers side door lock with key or a complete set of locks minus ignition

the car i have is a 1994 mx6 ls v6

please message me on here to to my email if you have anything i could use

i would hate to have to stop driving her jsut because i am locked out lol

email :: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Ouf i feel your pain! i might be able 2 help you out here i have 2 mint doors i can remove the locks on both sides & i believe i still have the key for it i will get back 2 you about it~

·
Registered
894 Posts
Go in through the trunk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well then jimmy your key in the lock till the door opens, then pop the trunk and climb in through there....jeez!

But I had a Jeep for over a year with a softop whose doors didn't lock, nothing ever got stolen or rummaged through in there. So now that my locks are sticky I just don't lock my MX6 at night, stereo is worth $120 and my CDs in the car are burned copies of the good ones, I don't keep anything else of value in the car. But if you live in a more questionable area, taking the door off and spraying grease and such on the inside of the mechanism is a good idea....do this before fiddling with changing the locks, it's free and you don't need two keys for you car! The door panel is surprisingly easy to take off if you have some patience and a screwdriver with tape on it to pop the clips off and not damage the paint on the inside of the door. Grease everything in there, including the door latch mechanism. Just make sure you put the clear plastic moisture shield back when you're done!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I didnt know what "trunck was done in..." meant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts