Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys here the deal....im lookin for a car to get in the spring, curently i have a 91 celica gt with the 2.2 5s fe...only problem is...its got 215000 miles and its auto and its slow...and any of u who know what its like to have a slow car it aint fun...so i am lookin possibly to get an mx6 and im wonderin how good the v6's accually do in the car...my terms are that it keeps up with my friends '92 240sx whick has got an inline 2.4 and we clocked at a rough 9 sec 0 - 60, which by the way beats out my other friends '99 grand am with the 3.4....pretty sick huh?...well anyway im lookin for some actual numbers for how fast a 93 ish mx6 really is with a basically stock v6.....and if the numbers are right then i will be the new owner of 1....so give me what u got....peace

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
1993 Mazda MX6 LS (v6) MTX
0-60: 7.4 1/4: 15.7
Expect to add ~1sec to the 1/4 if ATX

enjoy the car ;)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I would expect to add more than 1 sec for atx.

But you should seriously consider a 1st gen (88-92 mx6/ford probe) if you are looking for a good cheap car..

The 1st gen turbo times are very similar to the v6 times if not a little faster. And it is only a inline 4 cylinder. It produces an understated 150hp (closer to 160) and about 190ftlb's of torque.

With the boost turned up a little bit you can easily get a low 15 quarter mile (you could go to mid to low 14's if you add a little more fuel, air flow , ignition)

This is a big debate, but I think the 1st gen is faster and better. I think ford had more influence with the design of the 2nd gen (so its a little crappier:D )

Also the 1st gen turbos come with nifty stuff like pushbutton adjustable suspension and sometimes 4 wheel steering.

My opinion is ofcourse biased, I own two first gen and have never driven a 2nd gen. BUT if taken car off, these cars last. My mx6 has 198,xxx miles on it and is running strong.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thnx guys

alright thanx guys for the info....ill deffinately look into the 1st gen but i really like the look of the 2nd....thanx and keep it comin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts