Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 90 mx6 with the 5 speed transmission and im lookin for aftermarket gearkit to rebuild the tranny with but having trouble finding one i dont want stock parts i want something better than what is in it if any one has info on where i can find one please let me know

much appreciated

[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LwGround691 said:
i have 90 mx6 with the 5 speed transmission and im lookin for aftermarket gearkit to rebuild the tranny with but having trouble finding one i dont want stock parts i want something better than what is in it if any one has info on where i can find one please let me know

much appreciated

[email protected]
Rebuilding a tranny is not a task for the novice mechanic, or even the intermediatly skilled one.

There are no tranny kits available for our transmission, but if you have the money you can have a rebuild shop have your gears cryo treated.

But why? The weakest point of our transmission is the differiental. You can use a Quiaffe LSD for a 2nd gen MX-6 if you move the ring gear from your stock diff over to it, and shave your transmission housing slightly so it will clear.

Either way, Theres a 400hp Ford Probe running around on a tranny with a 160k miles on it, without any problems. So, a well cared for tranny should hold most of what you throw at it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts