Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MX6 has the orginal radio on it that came with it and i whant to change it and put a CD Player in my car and when i took the shuff out to put my cd palyer i got lost in the whires and i didn't whant to mess it up and then not have any kind of muzic and i figured since you guys have more experience with cars and Steros i should ask for your advice. I'm looking for a configuration on the whires. They are mostly blue and with stripes on them or green. I dont know witch goes where and i realy don't whant to fry my car because i'll never get anoter one if i **** it up. So if any one can help me please do.

Hey thx anyway.
If you guys live in State of Washington i would love to meet sometimes and talk about cars.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You best bet would be to buy an aftermarket wiring harness. Where did you buy the CD player from? You can try going back there for one or pick one up at Pep Boys or a similar store. Most aftermarket wiring harnesses are color coded to match the receiver wiring. Just plug it in how it fits, should be simple.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY thx

Hey dude thx for the advice i'm going to try but i don't understand how this wire harnes works. Does this plug in the plastic things that go to the radio right now and then you hook up the wires from the CD player to the wires coming out of the harnes or how else could you show me a drawing or picture to have an ideea of what i'll be doing? Thx any way and i'll take your advice and see what happends. Ok

And an other thing how can i convince my parents to keep this car cause they say that is old and it might brake down and that i sould get rid of it and love it so much . My car right now is on the second place after girls.

What do you guys think should i sell it or keep it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
No prob...

I'll see if I can dig up a pic or something of the nature, since it's been quite a while since I had to do a wiring job on a first gen. Basically, the wiring harness is a piece of plastic that plugs into the wires coming out of your car. Then the wires coming out of the harness go into your aftermarket stereo. Try to get a better one if you can so that it hooks up to your factory sub (if you have questions on this, write me). You can try to order a whole kit which will give you a bracket, harness, and idiot-proof instructions from Crutchfield. Call them up and tell them you'd like to order a install kit for your car. I think it'll run you about US $20 or so.

As for your parents... Tell them not to worry. As long as you keep up the maintenance and don't beat the shit out of the car it'll last you a long time. I've got 178000 miles on my first gen and it runs fine. Make sure you don't crash it either (RIP 89 LX :sigh: ) . That won't help you. Carry on with the girls as always ;) .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
**** **** (i'm getting a wopping tonight)

Hey you know what i kinda installed the cd player and here is the biggest and ****ed thing. Ok so i am at my friends house i fry the cd player that i bought so i get a tape deck and cut the wires and finaly works but the thing is that now everitying works but my dashboard lights don't . I'm hella ****ing pissed and i'm afraid of letting my dad know cause i'll hear shit form him and i wont get to drive no more. But you know. Any whay i checked the fusez and none is burned and i don't have the closest ideea why my dash board aint turning on. Maybe because i didn't use all the wires that went to the radio in the tape deck or some shit like that .

HEy do you live in Washington State? IF you do let's meet some times and chill and show off our cars or what ever. I live in Bellevue WA and work there too so leme know what you think.:)

:D :rolleyes: :E :mad: :eek: :( @-

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got mine installed at CarToys

They did a great job and i have no clue what they did. The other thing is that i blew up a speaker in my car because my Cd player was to powerfull for the stock speakers. And looks like the Dash lights are in a conection with the cd player or stereo car toys fixted that too for me for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts