Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am out in Ann Arbor, MI, for college and I bought my MX-6 for transportation out here. I don't really see any fixed up cars out here like I do back home in Cali so when I'm done with my car hopefully it'll turn a few heads. =) I was just wondering if anyone knows of any shops in the Ann Arbor area that I can go to to get my body kit installed and get my car repainted. I know there are plenty of places back in Cali where I can get that done but there is no way I'm driving 2000+ mils just to get the kit installed. =P Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome to Michigan home of Potholes!
I know of a shop that does alot of custom work. My car is currently in the shop getting a body kit, spoiler, hood, completly shaved(including gas fill door) and fresh 2-tone paint. The guy that runs the shop is very skilled and does a lot of top-dollar work, for example earlier this year he did a custom limo for Dennis Rodman, he also paints airplanes etc... I can get you a phone number if your interested.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey whats up both of u?

i live in Ypsilanti, i was wondering where in AA do u both live, maybe we could get together and talk about our cars or something?? well just an idea....

i dont have anything done to my car but i would like to see both of ur guys

peace.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sweet

across from EMU

i live right by the highschool

when r u putting ur body kit on?? r u gonna keep it green??

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
let me know how your body kit goes. im thinking of having mine put on in my town, at a shop with no body kit experience. pricing will be the major factor. good luck!!!

solar

G

·
i live in canton and i didnt think anybody else on here lived near me so i guess this is cool.

i have a bone stock 95 4-banger and i need any help on cheap performance mods you guys could give me. maybe we could all get together after the kits are installed and go cruisin. just a thought.

see you all on the road. thanx.

GoRbaD

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey dark reaper, did you ever get your GFX?? I just got my car back from him last week (pics are in the pic post).

BTW You guys are all welcome to join MIPOC Michigan Probe Owners Club, Just cause you didn't know, we welcome MX-6ers and have occasional meets, check here for all the info... http://www.probetalk.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=40&2909

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't gotten the kit put on yet. I called the number you gave me and they told me to bring in my kit and my car so they could see how much work needed to be done. Since I'm going back to Cali soon and won't need my car, I'm planning on just dropping it off there for the 2 months I'll be gone and let them do what needs to be done. =) By the way, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for the things you had done to your car? I wanted a general idea of how much my wallet is gonna be emptied. :D

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
you got a # for that place yo'?

solar

·
Registered
43 Posts
The guy that did my kit after 20+ years no longer works there, he has decided to do something else (other then working with cars), I guess he's building a house now. I'm unsure of what's going on there as far as quality work etc. and no longer have the number.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I live in Grosse Pointe Woods, mi. I need the a front facia, when you get your body kit put on are you willing to sell yours???

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I went to check on my car again and they assure me that it'll be done next week, so hopefully I'll get it back soon. But I just realized they might have screwed something up. From what I have seen they've done a great job of making the kit fit and the paint looks awesome, but I just remembered that it didn't look like they had molded the kit on. They told me after they had glued on the side skirts that they would be adding material so they would be flush with the body, but when I looked at it today I could still see the lines. And they seem to be done painting, so I'm worried that they forgot or something. Sigh... now I'll have to call them and hope they aren't too far along and its not too late. XO

Oh, and Scorp, the front bumper cover is sitting at the shop right now, and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it. If you still need it I'll sell it for like 50 bucks. Lemme know and I'll tell the shop not to toss it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Side Skirts are molded on also, but you can still see the lines.... If I'm understanding you right, you should've asked them to Shave the body lines, because Molding, and Shaving are 2 different things. So you did take it to Country Collision? I might swing up there one of these days after work...... Later

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah... I took it up to Country Collision. Sigh... I should have gotten my info straight before taking it to them to get installed. Oh well... they tell me it should look great anyways. Only one more week to wait.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts