- Distributor
- Starter
- Ignition Wires
- Pulleys
- A/C Compressor*
- Power Steering Pump*

5SPD FWD TRANSMISSION
- Factory Clutch & Flywheel

what else will i be needing for the conversion my mechanic said if he gets all the parts it will be alot cheaper on me so im getting all the parts first and a full listing of what else ill need would be greatly appreciated also

this so far is costing me $1,575.00 for those parts anyone know of a cheaper location or way of getting em (shipping and handling included)

thanks for any information

·
Registered
626 Posts
well here i cut that list down for you, don't need exhaust manifolds unless ur buying headers don't need ac compressor, or power stearing pump, don't need a new trans unless yours is bad, don't need a distributor, alls you need is to import a motor from japan and take some stuff off your motor now and put it on there, if your mechanic told you that you need all that i would highly suggest taking it to someone else cause he doesn't know what hes talking about and will fuck up the swap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my transmission right now is bad i have a 5th gear completely out, and my motor right now leaks oil out of the top of it which i have no idea to be completely honest whats wrong with it so i dont know what parts to salvage ill get a photo of where its leaking and ass well my pulleys and alternator is going out, the klze swap is for reliabality as much as it is performance.

·
Registered
626 Posts
well if your car starts then your distributor is fine incase you havent priced out a new one its just about 1000 from mazda, and explain how your pulleys are going out that one confuses me, not to mention when you get a klze it comes with them on there it comes complete ready to drop in it just needs a few parts from your old motor, i believe it will come with a alternator too depending on where you get it from, and heads up to your mechanic vacuum lines are different on the klze then on the klde and have to watch out for if you need emitions where you live cause it will fail without alot of custom work

here i did some research for you and this place looks really good its a good price and comes with everything
JDM KL-ZE 2.5L V6 JDM RACING MOTORS - JDM Engines, Transmissions and Accessories.

dont forget about that karma button

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i looked into it and its my whole alternator going out my belt keeps slipping off and i have to tighten it everyday that i decide to drive it so for now i just have her parked. Also, i will be needing a new transmission and i was quoted 1000$ from just a local tranny place so i think im going to keep my eyes open for something a little be easier on the wallet, as far and the swap goes im going to try and talk to a different guy tommorow and see if he knows anything about it, the problem is i live in a part of the United States ( NorthDakota ) where finding someone thats knows anything about anything other than Ford's Chevy's or Dodge's even though Mazda Mx-6 and Ford Probes are very similiar under the hood as far as i've been told. So i really wanna get this swap done, i know i need the engine the alternator ill need the tranny and an ECU as well. Im definately got the dertimination to get this done i just need to know what all the parts ill be needing during the swap itself such as the cold air intake i hear you need to have also. or some Vaccum hose that needs to be replaced, would help if i was just a little bit more mechanically inclined.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
just to jump in about the alternator belt ...

you say you have to tighten it every day ? .. if so, then you are not locking it down after adjusting it ..

i take it you are adjusting the thin rod located next to the dipstick, that pushes the pully against the belt ? y/n ... well before you can adjust it you must slacken off the pully bolt, have you done this ? cant remember if its a 15 or 17mm now . but you must slacked then pully bolt to adjust the tension, tighten the belt, then tighten the pully bolt back up.

You may just find your problem goes away regarding this... one less thing to worry about.

Oddy.

Oh and regards the ZE swap .. think you need to slow down buddy.. i would seriously suggest you ensure you have covered all the bases regards modifications and required parts... might be easier if you list all things you think you need to get and do and post them here like you didi in the first post.. and we'll answer them yes or no for you.. Also do a lot of reading in the KLZE FAQ's in the 2nd gen section of the forum.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
I've got a few minutes now to go through this list, so here goes...

30-40k thousand miles
100% COMPLETE ENGINE
- Complete Motor ==> normally are complete

- Wiring Harness ==> Big messy job, but would cure the issues you would encounter if your are running OBDII on your 95.. if its early enough it may still be OBDI. Look into issues running a ZE ECU on OBDII motors.

- Block ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Head ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Intake Manifold ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Exhaust Manifold ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Sensors ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Fuel Rail ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Injectors ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Throttle Body ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Alternator ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Distributor ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^ although you will NOT be able to use this ZE Distributor, you will have to swap it with your DE original.

- Starter ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Ignition Wires ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- Pulleys ==> part of your complete engine above ^^^

- A/C Compressor* ==> same as your DE

- Power Steering Pump* ==> if it has a ZE power steering pump on it, you will have to swap it with your original DE one. The ZE pump has an extra port for the rear wheel steering.

5SPD FWD TRANSMISSION
- Factory Clutch & Flywheel ==> pick up another 5spd from a breakers. NOTE : the probe v6 5spd boxes are slightly differently geared with a lower top speed.

this so far is costing me $1,575.00 for those parts anyone know of a cheaper location or way of getting em (shipping and handling included)

I dont know the going prices for ZE's on a crate in the USA.. thats for someone else to confirm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ah!

oh thanks guys so far, k so i read through the klze faq, it cleared up alot of things to me i needed to do some research on a few things outside of the faq, im not super when it comes to certain car terms :S but i think i got the gist of the parts i need. Also about that alternator belt issue i really dont exactly know what parts are which but i loosen this bigger bolt thats connecting to the front top pulley then i go and loosen the bolt on the taller skinny rod sticking out next to the engine with the smaller bolt, i adjust my belt to make sure its all aligned and then i tighten down the skinny rod part first and then tighten down the pulleys larger bolt again, and after that i still get quite a noticeable whining noise when its on.

Also, like i've said before im not too familiar with car mechanics, i do alot with electronics. I will be doing myself the lights, the gauges, already did the entire audio system, i just really don't know the direction i need to head in to get this swap done. I checked in with the guy i was refered to and he told me he works more on domestics and refered to me to a place called Mag4 around here, i guess its the only import car shop in town.. :S thanks for the help so far guys would give you karma but the button doesnt show.

As for the transmission, what do you mean by get it from a breakers, there is only like 5-6 Mazda Mx-6's registered in like a 200 mile radius from me so if you mean off a scrapped one i guess i could make a local internet post and see what happens. bah sorry im so difficult to work with but thanks for what you have done so far.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
anything you think of or get stuck with, shout.

Your going about it better now, and you started a lot better than most we see arrive .. thay have already shelled out the money and now have all the issues.. it pays to research and plan.

Have you tried your regional section of the forum for memebrs close by or possible sources for parts ? .. also look up member huges46 for spare parts .. shipping could be a killer, but if its your only option...

Oddy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts