Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought my first mx-6, and right now its just rather stock. I was wondering if anyone had some good looking cheap ideas to spruce up the interior around the dash area. :D

~Lexy~

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Well, you can change all of your interior lights (door, map, dome) to red, blue, amber, green, etc to match your car. The bulbs that are used is #194. I've done this mod to mine and it looks pretty tight at night. I got them from Walmart. heh heh

Later

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
HEEHE well the think is the car is white :p so the normall clear bulbs look just fine.. i woudl on the other have like the change the dash, and the climate control buttons from the green colour to white.. is there any way of doing that myself?

125 Posts
I just tried that the other days...but the bulbs that the ac controls use is a really small non standard bulb... and then they put a green plastic cover to give that green color the only way i've heard of is to paint the lil' tiny bulbs w/ some sort of translucent paint and this will probably eventually melt off anyways..

125 Posts
well if you want to do it white..you can just take off the green plastic cover and that would give you regular light...i'm not sure that it will show up White but you can try it...

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
interior lights

Hey i got a green 6 and i just got the #194 green bulbs to do the map lights (from Wal Mart to haha) now how do i get the cover off???? does it just pop off if i tug?

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Re: interior lights

BigRed said:
Hey i got a green 6 and i just got the #194 green bulbs to do the map lights (from Wal Mart to haha) now how do i get the cover off???? does it just pop off if i tug?

Correct. You can use a flathead screwdriver to get the cover off and it just pops right in when the 194 bulbs are installed. Enjoy!

Later

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks i got them in they look great now i just cant wait till its night time, oh yeah and by the way i am looking at the dome light do u know the # of that bulb and correct me if im wrong but are the door lights the same as the map ones thanks

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
ahh yes

yes the map lights and the door lights are identical... same with the trunk light too (just learned this yesterday)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts