Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides other minor problems i have two problems with my mx6:
1, When the car is parked - not moving - even when the engine's started and you turn the wheel, there's a very loud "click" noise coming from the front, i'm sure something's loose in the connection of the wheel to suspension....(i don't know much about suspension). I had the dealer look at it and he said that the strut bearing plates were worn down, so i replaced them and that didn't help at all. I didn't really think it was struts from the beginning but i tried... Any ideas?

2, My shifter if very loose, sometimes it even happens that i miss when i shift and get "stuck" in between. I drove my friends mx6, same year (93), same type, his has 15k more on it and his shifter is much more "stiff". Are there any bushings or that kind of thing that i can replace to help this?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The load clicking can only be a broken CV joint. Check to see if your CV boots has any tears and if there is a splattering of grease around the wheel well. If there is than the CV boot protection has deteriorated and left the joint exposed. As for your second question I hope others can help, my 93 is an auto.

Check this site's FAQ down the bottom of the page. There are a couple of entries there on CV boots/joints and Steering Clunk. This site has cited most of the factory defects regarding our cars.

http://www.bradbury.cwc.net/probemx/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts