Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,655 Posts
VRIS is all based on vacuum lines and the two solenoids on the intake. if you've got issues with then, you need to replace the one way check vavles, go to a fish store and get them there. And replace the vac lines, problem solved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VRIS is all based on vacuum lines and the two solenoids on the intake. if you've got issues with then, you need to replace the one way check vavles, go to a fish store and get them there. And replace the vac lines, problem solved.
Thank you for the reply.
I just replaced both both of the VRIS solenoid. VRIS 1 tested bad, VRIS solenoid 2 had appeared to work, but it is not opening the valve. VRIS 1 is now passing the paper test now, but VRIS 2 is still not working.
I really would like to find a mechanic that I do not need to teach the VRIS knowledge to.

·
Super Moderator
2,655 Posts
but you missed my other point, replace the check valves. they crack and break and cannot maintain a vacuum, the solenoids are reliant on them. Fix them, you don't need a mechanic unless you don't know how to take off the intake manifold

·
Registered
255 Posts
But he states VRIS #1 is now working, so that means the vacuum line is working. They operate off the same vacuum line. I don't see a need to take off the intake manifold just to check the stored vacuum plastic .

·
Super Moderator
2,655 Posts
But he states VRIS #1 is now working, so that means the vacuum line is working. They operate off the same vacuum line. I don't see a need to take off the intake manifold just to check the stored vacuum plastic .
Not completely true, the valve can still fail when holding too much vacuum. look at the vris vac lines. my other point to is to change the lines. These are the easies means to finding out where your VRIS is failing. He's down to the last two things, check valve or vac lines.

Product Human body Organism Font Slope

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts