Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i was wondering if someone could list some common causes to loss of power in the car. it seems that my second gear just...sucks. 1st gear is quick and pretty responsive but second gear seems like it accelerates no faster then 3rd gear. my friends crx seems to pull harder in 2nd and 3rd gear then my 6 would ever pull. i dunno maybe im expecting too much out of my mx6 and just got a little dissapointed when second gear didnt suck me back in my seat. i cant chirp the tires in 2nd or 3rd gear. i have pretty big tires but still... thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
40 Posts
well, i have a few things to say on this subject. if your mx6 is a v6 you should eat up just about any 4 cylinder and give v8s a run for their money if not beat them. but if you got the the 4 cylinder get used to getting beat by everyone unless you plan on putting some serious doh into it:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
what he said. don't knock the 4cyl.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
LS should be V6...

have your ignition base timing checked by a professional technican, and make sure your regular engine tune up items (filters, plugs, fluid, oils) have been replaced. make sure your handbrake is off too. that helps you in the quarter, too- or so i hear.:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts