Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for the second time ever

The first time was due to (pardon the truthful excuses) a very clogged fuel filter and a fuel pump that hardly hummed with 14V of juice applied.

Well, this time, I was on my way home and had been driving alongside this Hon-duh for a few miles down the road. Traffic suddenly got pleasantly thin and I began runnin hard off red lights. The whole time this Hon-duh was doing the same. So at one particular light, I decided to give all I had. I sat there revving to see if she was up for some smackdown. She began revving hard as well. Light turned green and I let it loose. By the time I shifted from first, she was about six car lengths ahead of me. After second, she was maybe about a block ahead, but I kept driving hard. After I shifted to third, she had already turned onto the freeway about four blocks ahead, but I almost got her ass.

Damn. So much for being able to say "I've never lost to a Hon-duh"

Might be the last time I bother to race a CBR..... MMmmm Maybe not.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Hehe... CBR. Sounds like you had a good run:D

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Damn. So much for being able to say "I've never lost to a Hon-duh"

Might be the last time I bother to race a CBR..... MMmmm Maybe not.
Damn, dude - that post was funny as hell! :lol:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Courtice6er said:
Shes ok, and the bike is average.
Think what you want about the chick, but the bike is a modded Yamaha YZF R1, which also happen's to be one of the fastest production bikes in the world, only behind the Hyabusa, and (in some categories) the GSX-R 1000.

And yes I rode an R1 (among several other bikes) and it flat out kick's ass.

So why don't you make your assumption's (mother of all f*ck up's) on thing's you actually know something [email protected]

·
Registered
193 Posts
My words exactly juggalo. The R1 is my favorite bike, lean, and fast. Especially a modded one like that. I read in a magazine that yamaha is claiming to get 180 hp out of the 2004 R1, could be wrong, seems like a lot of power from that, but if it's real, wow. That probably has rip your legs off power....I want it.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
The fastest 900 in four states is for sale for under $5000 out of St George, anyone interested? :D

The R1 kicks ass. The girl isn't the hottest thing ever, but anyone here who says they'd kick her out of bed is either a very gay man or a very straight woman.... :lol:

·
Registered
848 Posts
yamaha_rider28 said:
I read in a magazine that yamaha is claiming to get 180 hp out of the 2004 R1
That's what I heard also, I saw the pics and it look's more like a Ducatti from the rear (that's a good thing) and it's supposed to go head to head if not slightly faster than the all mighty Hyabusa.

I want another one badly, but the way my driving record look's now with the point's I have, I just can't afford the damn insurance

·
Registered
326 Posts
I used to club race super sport and formula extreme and if the new R1 makes 180 horsepower then it will be disqualified from the AMA due to the horsepower and weight restrictions put on the bikes. I currently and in the market for a gixxer-1000 to cruise with and that 1000 is faster than my 165 horsepower 750 with racing fairings on. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Juggalo said:
I want another one badly, but the way my driving record look's now with the point's I have, I just can't afford the damn insurance
Where do you live??? :confused:

Normally motorcycles, including crotch rockets, are CHEAP to insure. You can't do a lot of damage, and they don't pay **** for medical coverage, so they're usually not too bad.

For instance, I sold my 2001 Bandit 1200 last summer, but before that I paid ~$350 yr.

·
Registered
848 Posts
drvITlîkUstôlIT said:
Where do you live??? :confused:

Normally motorcycles, including crotch rockets, are CHEAP to insure. You can't do a lot of damage, and they don't pay **** for medical coverage, so they're usually not too bad.

For instance, I sold my 2001 Bandit 1200 last summer, but before that I paid ~$350 yr.
Baltimore Maryland - And I have more than enough point's that I can barely afford the insurance on my truck. So for now the bike will have to wait...:(

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not to hijack your conversation or anything but my roommate who has a horrible driving record tried to get insurance for his r1 and they (Progressive) wanted $2400 a year for decent coverage mainly medical. Mine personally was almost $7800 a year but that was racers insurance to cover any injuries I sustained while racing. Its cheap but not cheap if you think about it. A sportbike is faster than most any car you pull up next to and insurance can be had for around $1000 a year. But if you try to do the same with a sportscar (namely a supercar) then it is outrageous.

·
Registered
169 Posts
not to start an argument or anything but the r1 couldnt touch the gsxr 1000 in anything.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts