Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont make fun of me, last Saturday I attended a Neon meeting. My best friend has a 2000 Neon so I went with him. The meeting was held at Modern Performance, Corry the owner, and also a friend, just put together one wicked Neon. Its a first gen. nitro-yellow green Neon, with every bolt-on available, rods, pistons, and a stage 2 turbo kit from HRC. All day long I was wondering if I could beat him in a race. The meeting itself was pretty cool, and at around 9 pm we left to go cruise around. This is around 30 Neons, and one MX6 driving down Belaire and Westimer. I didnt even wast my time with the other Neons, Corry's was the only turbo'd there so I raced up to catch him. I finaly caught up to him at a red light, and asked if he wanted to race. When the light turned green I shot out of there and Corry did the same. At the start we where both dead even, but after 30mph he started pulling on me. I didnt even notice but at the same light there was a new Mustang GT that tried to race, tried is the word. Anyway we ended up going to 110mph untill we backed off. He beat me by 3 cars. At the next light the owner of the Mustang trys to pretend that the two compacts didnt smoked his ass. I got beat by a Neon but at least its turbo. Is there a way to put video on here, my brother video taped the whole race.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'd like to see it if there is a way... put it on a site elsewhere and give a link to it...

G

·
damn a Neon, I'm sorry man, that's gotta be heartbreaking, but it also makes ya smile that you beat the 4.6. A turbo Neon, what a waste of turbo

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not mad that I lost to his Neon. That car is in the mid 13s, he gave me a ride in it and I was actualy suprised how fast it accelerated for only boosting at 8 psi. Oh well you win some and lose some.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If you send me the video, I will put it online.
email me at [email protected] and let me know how big it is first though.
I work at a television station and I can change formats and such pretty easily, and can add text or whatever. I'd have fun working with it.
So yeah, I can put it online, just let me know how big it is and everything.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
What is the deal with Neons? Oh well, you got to respect him, I can't believe 8psi beat your 12 psi--nevermind, you said he has rods, pistons, and every other bolt-on available.

Cool Story--but you better be at the next MX6 meet near you if you're going to be making it to Neon meets--just messin'.

Later man.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Jiffy whens the next meet? I can go to during the summer, your in Dallas right? I see theres one this Sunday, but wont be able to make it, Im having some car problems...again. O'well keep me posted.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey Importhead, you want me to host that file or not? I got a server for it and everything. Just lemme know.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Importhead, right now we only have a meeting scheduled for this Sunday as you know. Rstyle is trying to work something out with us all going ot Six Flags in May or June, or something like that--no concrete plans though.

Surfdude, look under Regional MX6 clubs, I didn't see one for Florida, but it might be under Southeast Club or whatever. You might get enough responses in the lounge to see if yall can make one for your part of Florida or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts