Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
not much to say here :( no long story tonight.. ran into a very nice el camino - mint paint, dropped, large fuggin wheels, tints... we played around a bit, until we had a nice length of open highway and both took off, from like a 70 roll. that guy opened up the biggest can of whoppass on me... his rear end squatted like he was about to pop wheelies and he took off. I can get up to 120 very quickly from 70, and he pulled about 4-5 cars on me in this time.

and i very clearly heard his engine over my wastegate and turbo - which is rare for me to hear anything..

lol.. that thing rumbled the crap out of me :)

good kill on his part, he kicked my ass.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice lose??? Well its good to see someone who can admit when they lost and to give the other guy such good reviews, I dont mind losing and when i lose i like to lose to sweet cars like that, so I can have cool stories like yous

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
fasturbo626 said:
goatcrap,

how fast is your car? must be in the 16's to lose to a "the camino".
lol.. ummm.. i'm not sure how to respond to this...

-do i point you to my now turbo'd v6 mx6... (clearly stated in my sig ;)
-do i point you to my 350z, z4, evoVIII, and other kills ive posted in this forum (most at just 3.5-4psi.. i am now at 7)
-do i point you to the myriad of sites w/ details on various 400+ cubic inch BOLT UP (meaning will bolt right to the tranny, stock mount locations, etc.) engine swaps for the stock el camino 289? (it is a stretched chevelle chassis, and many eyars used the same basic running gear, so basically whatever you can do to make a chevelle SS fast, you can do to a camino)
-do i accept the blame on myself for not making it clear enough that this was an obviously modded el camino (both show and go from what i could see)

*or*

do i simply say i most definitely do not have a 16 second car :shrug:

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
No one ever gives respect to the Caminos. I had a chance not too long ago to pick up a beautiful yellow one with a 350 dropped into it. But it was an auto and I would have had to sell the 6, so I passed.

It is nice to see people appreciating an obviously well done car, especially after being beat by it. Even though your car is a monster, there will always be bigger monsters out there, and there is no shame in acknowledging one. :cool::tup: and imaginary karma for sportsmanship, goaty.

...and I vote you tell him about the turbo first. ;)

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
I also think the El Camino had the option of the 454??

That engine owns!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
i never see too many caminos racing up at the track. the one i did see ran a low 12...like 12.3 or something. i dont care for how they look but damn, nice loss

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
I also think the El Camino had the option of the 454??

That engine owns!!!!!!!!
The pre-1976 ones did. Anything later with a 454, someone put in themselves.

Epidemik04,
The reason you don't see a lot of them at the track is traction problems. There's no weight in the back. ;)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
ouch goat :( he must've had a huge engine swap, nitrous, or a combo of the two. good luck next time. we need to race :)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SolarSlash said:
ouch goat :( he must've had a huge engine swap, nitrous, or a combo of the two. good luck next time. we need to race :)
i'm pretty sure you'd kill me on the highway, but may be racing catch up until highway speeds ;p

there we just raced!!

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
whenever you two decide to race, let us know...I'll make the drive out to wherever it is.

*cough* Michigan *cough*
it's much closer

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hehe, that would rule. the showdown...solar vs. goatcrapp. taped by mav.

G

·
SolarSlash said:
hehe, that would rule. the showdown...solar vs. goatcrapp. taped by mav.
And the afterparty held by Mademan, lol, errrr, or someone, haha.

Nice race...errrr, lol.

I once knew a guy that had a 10 sec. el camino. This thing had SO much crap done to it it was great. OH, and the guy was TOTALLY stuck in the 80's, haha. He looked just like the neighbor in That 70's show, same hair even.:lol:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Mavric03 said:
*cough* Michigan *cough*
it's much closer
Good call!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah, don't worry losings part of racing. It actually looks cool from our perspective to lose. Trust me, I've lost just about every race in my mx3. I LOVE seeing cars go fast when ur like.. behind them, If it's got free flowing exhaust, I LOVE seein the exhaust SHOOT out way hard when you upshift, and I love just seeing the rims and stuff at night. No shame in losing! :) Just a better view of the back ;)

Peace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts