Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has an Integra LS 5 speed, with CAI, testpipe, Headers, and cat back exhaust. And no matter what I do I cant beat him... I was thinking a 50 shot would take him out. Is my car just slow or do all atx's with my mods lose to Integra 5 speeds?

Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
did u race from a complete stop?

Race from 25 mph see what happens.:D
u may be able to beat him i dont know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 94.. ill try the 25mph race next and let u guys know!

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
My friend also has a 94 Integra LS, with an intake and a TenzoR muffler. I've raced him twice. The first time it was about four oclock in the morning and I was dead tired. So tired that I let it rev up to 7400 in first gear, and then 7200 in second. I also had trouble keeping my eyes open. I'm lucky I didn't [email protected] up my car.

The second time I beat him, but he had a really bad launch. (both times were in my 6, BTW).

I'd say that your two cars are REALLY close, but that would be if you had a five-speed. I think he'd take you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Are you all serious? an Interga LS beating a MX6 V6? i;ve taken Some GSR before? Is because the LSs have more toruq than the GSR? i don't get it

·
Registered
139 Posts
Its probably your transmission..i raced this one punk with a riced out integra LS (exhaust, intake included) with my KL03 twice in one night..im not even going nito wh i wanted to race him..but i will tell you that i raped him both times. He misshifted in the first race (he also has a 5speed) but he was shifting just fine in the second race. Point is: 1995 stock 5speed LS vs. riced out integra LS and i won...
are you sure you're not confusing his LS with the GS-R? Maybe its just debadged..
all i could say is get a good torque converter and try..try again.. you'll definitely take him.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Now I'm starting to wonder if my friend's is a GSR. For some reason I was thinking that the LS was the same t/c 1.8L l4.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Perhaps i misunderstood, but...T/C 1.8L l4??

PLease correct me if i am wrong, but as far as i know, there is no such thing as a turbocharged factory integra.. your friend probably did have a GS-R. they are factory 5speed, VTEC 170hp integras that are 1 grade below a type-r and similiar to a Civic Si, Probe Gt and MX6 LS in performance. The LS only pumps out about 115 hp..no way you can get totally spanked by that. Even with an automatic and if he has a plethora of mods..
Look at it this way, my friend down the block (the only other 2nd gen MX6 enthusiast i am friends with) has a '93 red automatic LS.. only a K&N filtercharger and a nakayama muffler with a random technologies high flow cat..his car has burnt cars like the integra LS..look into it man.
regards
Rich

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its the Integra model with 145hp stock... I dont know but aI know I need new spark plug wires and was using medium octane gas.. I also have 102,000 miles on my car, he has 55,000.

·
Registered
131 Posts
LS, GS-R, Type-R, Prelude ... I have never lost to any of these in my MX-6, but this has always been after my mods. Honestly, the type-r dissapoints me (friend has a 2000), i thought they were alot faster earlier models go 0-60 in 7.0 and newer ones claim high 6s. Yet he has never beat me on any race. I even lost to my car when we switched (no low end)!!! I still would like one though

·
Registered
200 Posts
All I know is that I have ridden in my friend's '98 Integra LS MTX (w/ Flowmaster exhaust & Iceman CAI) and it was pretty damn fast. He told me something about the LS's engine being better than the GS-R's (something about the torque being better at low RPMs), so I think that it could beat a 6.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
DoH!

Im gonna race a 2000 GSR this weekend! its 170hp stock plus intake and headers.. I better beat the mofo!!!
wish me luck!! and I will let you all know how it goes..

Cheers

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'll try & get my friend to go to the track and get a 1320 time. He has been there before, but not recently. I'm not sure, but I think that he can beat a 6 (with comparable mods).

·
Registered
231 Posts
DUDE. I'm telling you one of my good friends just sold a older shity RX7 and just got an LS. Hes got a cat-back, i think Injen intake, and a header. I smoke him daily with my K&N filter and 139,000 miles (mtx). I'm about to get a new engine though hehehe

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Marc Pfuqinschitt...

Tell your buddy with the Type-R to learn how to drive.

you have to really know how to drive and use the vtec to you advantage... (from the vtec drivers point of view)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok with your friends mods, I could roughly guess that he has 150 hp at most. And since you have an auto, I presume from your list of mods, I think it might be a close race, however, it shouldn't be close enough that you get whipped all the time. IF you had a manual, or if you learned to shift through each Gear (1 to 2, 2 to Drive) then you might have a better chance. But thats why you should get a manual :D Ohh BTW, the Type-R kid does not know how to drag or something. THose things are STUPID FAST!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I mean i dunno if this would do anything but i had an exhaust leak, and the custom CAI hose kind of split in half right where the fans are, so ive probably been suking up hot air from the fans, and then of course i need new plugs and wires because my valve cover gaskets are leaking oil... would any of that matter??

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
well not only are you sucking in hot are, youre sucking in all kinds of other sh!t as well... bad for the engine. fix your leak, intake, and get new plugs and wires... you should kill this guy. with I/E, hes pushing about 10 extra HP at most. so maybe 157... you should be able to catch him not too far after you cross the intersection

1 - 20 of 23 Posts